This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's working?

But maybe it's just the hs modem? Don't how it works since XP doesn't recognize the hardware.

But on a call:

1. 8/7/2004 2:22:20 PM~!~Speak~!~Incoming call from Nursery Boston
    2. 8/7/2004 2:22:21 PM~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~You have 30 days remaining to evaluate WAF-NetCallerID Interface (WAF-NetCallerID).
    3. 8/7/2004 2:22:21 PM~!~Speak~!~A new number has been added to the phone list.
    4. 8/7/2004 2:22:24 PM~!~Speak~!~Other call from Boston Nursery
    5. 8/7/2004 2:22:32 PM~!~Speak~!~Incoming call from Nursery Boston

1. Seems to be regular old HSP and modem.
    2. WAFNCID
    3. Must be NCID but I see nothing in the script that would do this. Also serves no useful purpose to announce this while I am listening to the CID. (Update - ok I see this in the script and have commented it out - thought I just had to look in example 3 section.)
    4. This annoucement seems to be from NCID. Rather late. Notice it's not reversed.
    5. HSP and modem again?

Could someone please explain what is happening here?

Ini file:

[Settings]
    InstallDone=True
    i_com_port=3
    i_hsp_installed=1
    i_call_external_script=1
    s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs
    s_function_name=process_ncid_data
    s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt
    i_cid_reversed=0
    i_enable_logging=1

Thanks,

GLT

To test the NetCID box, I would shutdown HomeSeer, start up a HyperTerminal seesion using port 3, 9600 baud, and then call yourself.

Mind you I have not tried this but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

~Bill

Comment

Thanks William,

I'm pretty sure it is working, tried it on my other pc with the s/w included with the NCID box (hate to pollute my HS XP server w/ WIN95/98 s/w)and it finds the hardware, so the hardware should be ok.

That software only gives an error if it DOESN'T find the box. A round about way to find which com port it is on.

Still would like to know why the 2 different annoucements were made, as I mentioned in the last post.

Thanks,

GLT

Comment

GLT,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you for posting your INI file. From what I am seeing, you are having both HomeSeer Phone and the custom script act upon the CID data. HSP is making one announcement (i_hsp_installed=1), and depending upon how you've configured the custom script, the custom script is making the other announcement.

If your reason for getting the NCID box was to get more reliable CID data, then your best bet is to disable calling the external script by setting: i_call_external_script=0, and just let HSP process the data and make the announcements.

Please let me know if I'm not on the right track.

--David

Comment

Thanks;

See my other post. I'll let both HSP and the script announce for the time being. Probably disable the script later.

GLT

Comment

Working...
          X