This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working

Crap, I think I'll have to send mine back. The CID display shows the number, Homeseer shows the port open, hyperterminal sees nothing and no annoucements by homeseer. Ill instal the software (that came with it) and see what happens. I do not have CWID so I do not have it as the first device on my phone line, this should not be a problem?
    John

Johnny,

Yes, install the included software and reboot and see if it gives you an error message "NET Cid not found". If so - try different com ports until you DON'T get the error message.

After that make sure all your HS and Wafncid settings reflect that com port. Restart and reboot.

GLT

Comment

Thanks, got it to work on com 1 but my WAF-AB8SS only wants to work on com 1. My WGL Designs W800 RF Receiver does not care where it goes. I have com1 (no com2 its on the motherboard I have no header for it) and I have com 3 & 4 on a pci card.
      John

Comment

Hi, Johnny.

Sorry I missed this thread; I was out sick for a week.

I agree with the other folks that a different multi-serial port card should be tried. I have my AB8SS's on ports 6 and 7, I think, and my NetCallerID on 5 or 8. There's no reason the plug-ins shouldn't work on ports other than COM1.

Best wishes to you!

--David

Comment

Installed the byterunner pci 4 port serial card and all is good.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X