This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script?

Does somebody have a script that will mute my tv or turn on/off speakers on my WAF-AB8SS. I do not leave my computer have an open line to my speakers 24/7.
    John

This is what events are for. There should be a WAF NetCallerID tab that could trigger an IR code to mute your TV as well as Turn off your speaker.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

There is no tab, there’s not suppose to be right? If the caller id would populate a virtual device then I could run commands on device change.
      John

Comment

johnnybwis,

If you are using HomeSeer Phone (HSP), then you have triggers available to you for things such as received Caller-ID, and can create events in the HomeSeer point-and-click interface to turn on/off devices (such as speakers). Otherwise, if you are only using HomeSeer, you will have to modify the WAF-NetCallerID custom script to turn on/off individual devices using script commands.

--David

Comment

I am using only HomeSeer. I would be inclined to buy the HSP if I new there was a reliable modem in the near future. True I know little about writing scripts but sometimes I can piece together something simple that works. But I am stumped from the beginning here because I do not know how the script would trigger. NCID would have to trigger some device change?
          John

Comment

Johnny, the HSP Modem is reliable EXCEPT for CallerID, so if you have the NetCallerID box and the WAF script and use it in conjunction with the HSP modem, you'll have a reliable solution.. then again, there are not any modems available for sale right now - from what I can remember (Last I heard they were still being fabricated).

Also, you can use HSPhone without the modem, but you could probably just modify the sctipt as David said above. - But HSPhone does add a lot of additional functionality. If you haven't used the HSPhone trial yet, give it a try.
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

johnnybwis,

I second what John wrote. I ended up using the Way2Call Hi-Phone, myself, with a NCID box, and the WAF script. HSP gives you a lot of neat functionality.

However, if you don't want to go that way, simply modify the custom script that comes with the WAF script, and you'll be in good shape. I'm at work right now, and don't have easy access to the HS manual, but the script command to turn on/off a speaker is very simple. Just a one-liner. Getting up to speed on scripting really isn't that time-consuming. You'll do fine, and you'll have lots of support here.

As for your stumper, if I understand it correctly, here's what happens. 1.) Your phone rings. 2.) CID data is transmitted. 3.) The NCID box receives the NCID data, and then transmits it over its serial cable. 4.) The WAF-NetCallerID script "sees" the incoming data. 5.) If you've configured the script to say that you're using HSP, then the CID data is pushed to HSP for processing. ---OR--- If you're not using HSP, then your custom script (full of several examples of what to do with the data) is executed with the current CID data. Whatever commands you have in the custom script are executed (such as turning on/off speakers).

Did that help?

--David

Comment

Went for the quick fix for now. Installed HSP but had to stop testing for now. The wife had enough of the phone ringing and ringing. Software looks pretty kool. A couple of questions if anyone is up to it. Before injecting id info into HSP the announcement would be "call from xxx, other call from xxx" Now it just announces "call from" and the name in the WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt which is fine with me just that I could use a little more time for the speakers to get switched and the receiver (amp ) to switch. One other problem is the speaker switching and script I have to mute the tv will not work twice in a row. i have to restart HS & HSP. Maybe tommorrow I can figure that out but I already wore down the WAF big time for tonight.
                John

Comment

Johnny, look at the speakeasy plugin, it may solve your switching/timing/muting problem. I haven't used it yet, but am considering it as soon as I get my second "zone" of announcement speakers setup.
                  John
                  Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                  Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                  HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                  Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I narrowed down the problem of the "event to mute tv" only running once to hsp. I have to go to tools and select disconect call or my event will not run on the next phone call. I tried a few different selections in hsp but cannot get around this. I probably need a modem connected to it?
                    Update.........
                    I downloaded the newest beta version of hsp and that has fixed my problem with having to select disconnect to have the event work again the next time.
                    John

Comment

HSP and WAF-NetCaller turning on speaker

Do you have to have a modem to get the HSP to execute a event to turn the speakers on or should NetCaller be able to pass the call id?

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelltrigger>Phone event: On Caller ID available Line 0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecelldays>Everyday

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=tablerowodd noWrap align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=left width=160> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelldevice noWrap align=right width=160>Device Command: </TD><TD class=tablecelldevice align=left>WAF AB8SS Speaker Switcher All Speakers On</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

I have WAF AB8SS and I can control it with some scripting additions to WAF NetCallerID
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X