This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetCallerID Box and XP

I recently purchased a NetCallerId box and plugged it into my COM 1 port on my computer that is running Windows XP. I also installed the software that came with the box althought it was designated Win98.

When I am on line, the box display a call that comes in and the software activates the UGOTCALL messages with the CID. However, when I click the ANSWER button, the screen shows that I am discannected from the internet, the telephone rings, but when I pick up the phone I hear a beep. The box displays the telephone number but also displays "Unknown caller".

I have also manually disconnected from the internet when a call comes in, and I can then answer the call on the telephone. It seems that the software and the "answer" button on the box do not actually disconect the modem (hence the beep).

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Hi Victor,
    I don't think we can help you with the UGotcall software.
    Most of us have never even tried it. And it does say it's written for Windows 95'98 and not XP. You did not mention if you had HomeSeer. Assuming you do have HS, then you should try the Plugin that was written for HomeSeer, it works great, and we can help you with your questions. Also there is a stand alone program that another user wrote. Try typing in "NetCallerID" in a seaqrch field on this BBS, and you will find what your looking for..
    ~Phil

Comment

Yeah the plugin works great. My wife loves the Homeseer voice Paul anouncing the incoming phone calls. No more running to see the CID display to know who is calling!

John
      John

Comment

Working...
      X