Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can WAF NetCallerID build a CallerID text file?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PP:
    I moved the archive_lof file and added it to the very end of my .vbs.

When I run the event in HS I no longer get an error. It just says it ran even. I just dont see it producing another log file? I have attached my new .vbs with the text file incorporated in it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    After a quick glance, the file looks ok. Are there any messages being written into the HS log when you run the event?

Comment

Okay .ASP now displays and it also shows data that was logged from the original logged file.

HS runs the event and that is it. Says triggered from menu then I checked all folders for an output file and I checked the ah log and it just says event triggered.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PP:
        HS runs the event and that is it. Says triggered from menu then I checked all folders for an output file and I checked the ah log and it just says event triggered. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There's something funny going on. If it runs the script, there should be messages in the HS log. It writes a message if it works correctly or under certain error conditions.

It's probably something pretty simple somewhere. We can put in a few debugging messages to try and figure out where it is happening.

Add a couple lines to the script (.vbs) file. In the subroutine archive_monthly_log_file, add the indicated line:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">sub archive_monthly_log_file()
        dim yesterday, todays_date, file_date, file_name, fso
        dim ini_log_name, ini_base, ini_extension

hs.WriteLog "WAF-NetCallerID", "archive_monthly_log_file - I am here" '&lt;Add this line

todays_date = date()
        </pre>

Do the same thing in the subroutine archive_log_file:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">sub archive_log_file(new_file_name)
        dim new_base, new_extension
        dim ini_log_name, ini_base, ini_extension
        dim fso, file, file_name, err
        dim path, current_date, file_date
        dim chr_num

hs.WriteLog "WAF-NetCallerID", "archive_log_file - I am here" '&lt;Add this line

ini_log_name = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "log_file", "", "WAF-NetCallerID.ini")
        </pre>

These two messages should be written in the HS log whenever the event runs. If either is not written, we can narrow down what's going wrong. If neither is written, it may indicate that the event is not actually running the script.

Comment

Here is the results from HS log:
          10/31/2004 2:15:02 PM~!~Event Trigger~!~Trigger from menu (archive-caller-id-log)
          10/31/2004 2:15:02 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs: 1002:Syntax error in line 370

Line 370 is:
          sub archive_log_file(new_file_name)

Comment

OK. There's nothing wrong with that line, but there may be a problem with something near it. Can you post your complete WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs file again?

Comment

Here it is
              Attached Files

Comment

Here it is <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This one doesn't have the archive subroutines in it at all. Did you attach the wrong one?

Comment

Sorry Stupid me. Wrong one..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just so you know my file names.
                    The log file we started with I named
                    phone-call-log.txt
                    which is in a folder phone-call-log

My .ini is WAF-NetCallerID.ini

I renamed the .asp to phone-call-log.asp and changed references in it to the same. Which pulls up and works fine.

Comment

All right. I've found the latest problem. We had a misunderstanding about what to do in my post from 1:15 PM.

There are only two lines in those examples that need to be posted into the .vbs file. Just the lines that start "hs.WriteLog" and have the "'&lt;Add this line" comment at the end. The other lines were meant to show where in the file those lines went (to provide the context).

You only need to stick the two hs.WriteLog lines in. I've modified the file you attached and made the changes.

Note that I changed the filename (added "-sch") - you can change it to what ever you want.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Works grest, Thanks Again!
                        Where was I off? I was looking the script over but I am not sure. Or was I way off?

Comment

Working...
                        X