This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msg Off and Msg Waiting

Is there any chance of Undoing the changes in 1.1.3? I'd like to take advantage of these messages for voice mail notifications? Maybe enhance the functionality, add an INI setting to toggle whether or not someone wants these messages, or simply handle them in the WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs file instead???

---
    1.1.3 Added code to ignore “Msg Off” and “Msg Waiting” messages sent by the telephone company. Revised configuration function to more meaningfully convey previous INI settings.
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Jstaab,

I can certainly put that on a request list for a future release. I think having it be an INI toggle would be the best approach.

--David

P.S. Sorry for the delay in responding. Was in the Outer Banks for a week, and then Cub Scout camping training in the cold and rain. Brrrr!

Comment

That would be great, for those that don't want it, it can be turned off, or better yet, off by default. I do remember seeing the Msg Off in the text file, not sure about the Msg Waiting, but I'll assume it is coming accross since the light on the box is toggling appropriately. Anyway, I figured I could tweak the script to do something with these two messages for Voice Mail purposes. Thanks for considering this!

Comment

How can I stop Homeseer from randomly announcing msg off

Comment

The latest version removed this functionality, I'd check the updater to make sure you have the latest copy.

Comment

I was just wordering if you checked that we are getting the latest copy of your plugin, I am still having the problem with it announcing msg off. other then that the plugin works great.

Thanks

Comment

According to the updater, I have 1.1.3 installed, which is also the current version (according to the updater). After the installation of this version, the 'msg off' announcements went away. I was actually hoping to get this back to see if I could script around and use the MSG OFF and MSG WAITING for voice mail notification purposes.

Comment

Just bumping this back to the top again, hoping that this feature may make in as an option in a future release

Comment

Bump noted! Yes, I'll be happy to put it in a future release. I just can't promise a date at this moment. My plate is kind of full.

--David

Comment

No problem, I hear ya. I keep meaning to sit down and start writing plug-ins and scripts as well, but I haven't found the time nor do I have any ideas on what to write :-)

Comment

Did the "Msg Waiting" feature ever get implemented? I see it mentioned in the release notes a couple of threads about it, but no clue how to use it. I would love to use it to monitor my Vonage voice mail.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think it ever was implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by jstaab
                          To the best of my knowledge, I don't think it ever was implemented.
                          Does this mean the plugin no longer tracks msg off and msg waiting info from the phone line? The device does do it I know. Is this an issue with the script itself, or something more complicated?

Thanks,
                          Mike

Comment

Several versions ago, I believe it would see the MSG ON, but wouldn't see the MSG OFF. At some point, that functionality was removed I believe. I suspect part of the problem is that David doesn't have Voice Mail service to actually code this functionality. I know when the MSG ON was coming across it come across in the Name field I believe which caused it to get announced. I was hoping it would get added back in and I could have just scripted around the problem.

Comment

Hi, guys.

Sorry I've been gone recently. I'm working on a ton of items for my church's building campaign and will be out of pocket until the second week of April. If you guys remind me then, I promise I'll look into it. jstaab is right, I did not have voicemail service in the past, but now that we've switched to VOIP, I do appear to have it, and could run some tests.

--David

Comment

Working...
                              X