Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last ten call of CID stored in device files?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last ten call of CID stored in device files?

Well before I go off and struggle writing a script file I would like to know if anyone has created any scripts that store the last X CID information to virtual devices? This is going to part of the Nowplaying V.2 project.

John
    John

Yes I dont know how to post link to thread but go in the WAFcallerID thread and look about 5 down from this post. I asked if CID info could go to .txt
    SMEE has a script and he put together am .asp to view data from web and sort calls.

Comment

PP,
      All you have to do is cut and paste the url from the thread into your post like this:

http://board.homeseer.com/newreply.p...ote=1&p=610629
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp

Comment

John,
          Do you use HomeSeer Phone? Do you have it log to callers.log? If so I have something that should be easy to adjust.

Comment

No I use WAFNetcallerID.... I will just have to do some scripting myself.... bit rusty...

John
            John

Comment

jwilson
              Did you see this?
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=95748

Comment

Ok I sat down and wrote it myself...... dusted off the cobwebs..... and here it it... just create the q1-q15 virtual devices and add this to your WAF-NetCallerID-Processing.vbs file. It will keep the last 14 phone numbers stored in q2-q15 and the last call in q1

s_yac_msg = s_ncid_date & ": " & s_phone_list_name & " " & s_ncid_number

' This next line sends out the CID to YAC clients on any PC's
                i=hs.launch("c:\mount\YACTextSend.exe",s_yac_msg)

for xs = 14 to 1 Step -1
                i = hs.devicestring ("q"&(xs))
                hs.SetDeviceString "q"& (xs+1), i
                Next
                hs.SetDeviceString "q1", s_yac_msg

It works great....

John
                John

Comment

John:

This script works great! It let me create a Main Lobby scene of the last ten callers by just displaying the Homeseer devices!

Thanks a lot!

The only problem is the time is displayed in military format. I'll try to dig up my "format" command help and see if I can get the s_ncid_date to display 12 hour format!

Thanks again!

BSR
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I was kinda surprised someone had not done it yet.... but it does work well and is quite fast also.

John
                    John

Comment

Just remember to place that script AFTER the case statement (for faster voice response).

Comment

John:

To get the computer formated date and time (whatever you set the date and time format to be in your regional settings under control panel) just use "now" as shown below:

Code:

yac_time = now
                        s_yac_msg = yac_time & ": " & s_phone_list_name & " " & s_ncid_number

for xs = 9 to 1 Step -1
                        i = hs.devicestring ("q"&(xs))
                        hs.SetDeviceString "q"& (xs+1), i
                        Next
                        hs.SetDeviceString "q1", s_yac_msg
                        I don't know the VBA format function to get the seconds out (only know VB6) so maybe someone else can figure that out.

Thanks again for the script!

BSR
                        Last edited by BraveSirRobbin; November 10, 2004, 11:12 PM.

Comment

was reading this post, looking for a way to populate virtual devices myself.
                          Do you have to have YAC for this to work? I noticed some yac referances in the script.
                          Thanx
                          Tim
                          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

What exactly are you guys wanting to do. Display the last 10 incoming calls in a single virtual device. If your using HS Phone I posted a script that can be triggered by a reoccurring event. It looks in the file callers.log and reads the last 10 calls. If this is what your after let me know.

Comment

No you don't need YAC to make this work but it was written to be used with WAF NetCallerID. I don't have HSPhone.

John
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X