This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI and NetCallerID

Here is my problem. I have a HAI OPII that has been in repair. while in repair, I added the NetcallerID and Pluging and everything was fine after I read the manual I received my OPII in the mail today and I re-installed it. The OPII works fine but my NetcallerID does not report any incoming phone calls. My OPII is on com1 and the NetCallerId is on Com2. The log show no errors. It loaded: WAF-netcallerID: Port opened on COM2

Any clues would help. I restarted HS twice but no luck. (not the PC)

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

The NetCallerID box does not accept any commands from the computer, it's a send-only device. Thus, there is no way to determine if communication has really been established with it during start-up. All that can be verified, is that COM2 has been opened without error, which you've reported.

First, have you, by chance, changed the telco wiring going to your NetCallerID? Try making it the only device directly plugged into your line (not through another device), and see if it will report CID data. Does the OPII connect to the phone line? Could it be a "signal sucker"?

Next, fire up Hyperterm on COM2 with settings of 4800,n,8,1. Call your home phone, and see if data is reported to the Hyperterm screen.

As a last test, you could remove the HAI OPII and see if the NCID unit works again.

Best wishes,

--David

Comment

OK, I tried unhooking the phone from the HAI OPII and tested. The same result. I unhooked the phone so that only the NetCallerID was installed on the line and still the same problem. I will now try your next suggestion.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Help

Update:

I restarted the PC, did not help. I unhooked the OPII from COM1 and it still did not work. I shut down HS and opened HTerminal and it showed nothing. It did say it was connected but nothing came across. I am at a loss. All this testing was done with only the telco line plugged into the NetCallerID. I only have 3 COM ports on the PC. COM1 = OPII, COM2 = NetCallerID and COM3 = SLinke

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

It sounds to me as if your NCID box may have gone belly-up, since you're not seeing anything on your Hyperterminal screen. You did specify 4800,n,8,1, right? And then, had an incoming call? If the NCID box is working, you should see a string on your screen.

--David

Comment

Fixed

David:

I powered cycled the NetCallerID and all is well. (for now)

Thanks for your help

Mike

Comment

Strange...

Have you totally resolved this?? I ask because I too have my OMNI Pro II out for repairs and have just now installed the NetCallerID device and am having the same issues... I actually have two devices and thought that one may be bad so I swapped them and still have the issues. I don't have my OMNI back yet, but found it puzzling that I am having the same issues as you described. Perhaps compatability issues between the two plugins. Let me know if you did anything else to fix this. I am thinking about uninstalling the ONMI Pro plugin and switch the NetCaller ID to COM1 to test it there.

Comment

Clever1:

If I remember, I had two problems. One, I hooked it up incorrectly. I do not have a modem that I run the NetCallerID with. So I hooked it up w/line in (telco) and then from the NetCallerID to the phone. This worked fine when the HAI OPII was not plugged in but when it was reconnected is when the problem happened. I then split the phone line at the junction box and plugged the phone in seperately. The 2nd problem was I need to POR (power on reset) of the NetcallerID and it has worked great since then. I am waiting on the new HS PCI modem before I hook the NetCallerID to that. I run my OPII on COM1 and the NetcallerID on a internal PCI serial card which is COM2

I hope this helps.

Mike

Comment

I have just verified all of my com port settings again and I configured my PC so that nothing starts automaticlly. I then used hyperterminal with the settings that I found in an earlier post, and I still don't seem to be getting anything from the com port. How do I POR the NetCallerID?? Maybe that will help me...

Comment

Clever1:

Sorry, I just unplugged the power from the NetCallerID for 10-20 seconds and plugged it back in. If you look in HS log does the WAF plugin load w/o errors? Does the it mention the COM port?

Mike

Comment

Yes the plug in loads without error... But I think that I have something lower level going on as the NetCallerID software doesn't see the device either... Go to do a hard reset on the CPU and the Device...

Comment

Clever1:

What version on OS are you running. If I remember correctly, the software that came w/the NetCallerID works with Win98 and below. I do not know if it works w/2000 and XP.

Mike

Comment

It works with XP as I have another NetCallerID on my Media Center PC to show the CallerID on the TVs... Works great...

I added the USB to serial adapter to the HomeSeer PC to see if I can get it to work with that... That is how I have to one configured on the MCE PC...

Comment

Clever1:

Good luck. You might want to check to see if that program (w/the NetCallerID) is not conflicting w/HS and the WAF plugin.

Good luck

Mike

Comment

Well it seems that something was conflicting... Once I added the USB to serial interface and mapped to port to COM4... Reset the ini file it all started working... to include the YAC announce to all the workstations on the net... So now I have callerID on all my Media Center Boxes when I'm watching TV and a popup box when I'm on the PC so I now I know who is calling no matter what I'm doing... Now I have to focus on my Voice Anouce system... I have this Radio Shack 900Mhz intercoms but there is a really big delay when the homeseer system speaks so that you don't really hear all of the annoucement... I like the 900Mhz wireless idea and the voice activation so it isn't always transmitting but the delay makes it worthless...

Comment

Working...
                              X