Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using the WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file?

I was just curios how many of you use the WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file with your NetCallerID?

I use mine for everything, from my call screening, to web based phone lists to VR dialing.

I just made a web page that will allow you to edit this file easily, and I was curious if I should spend the time to clean up and release.

I have attached a small sample picture.
    (the numbers are blanked in the picture only)
    Attached Files
    Yes
    58.82%
    No
    17.65%
    What the heck is a WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file?
    17.65%
    I really don't know, but I love to vote in polls.
    5.88%

Scott, I use HSPhone in conjunction with WAFNEtCallerID, so I don't use the file, but you're page looks great and very intuitive. I like that you can edit the entries all at once without having to go back and forth between a list and edit page. I say defineately refine and post. Perhaps I'll find a way for it to augment my current setup
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I think I would like to use your web page, but I don't think it is compatible with the way I am doing things now. My NCID text list is pretty long because I allow the script to add entries for every new caller. Then, I occasionally go through the file and move the "good" people to the top of the file and maybe adjust their screening or name. Might you be able to add filtering (so I would only see the good or new entries) or sorting (to keep the "good" people at the top)?

I must not have my system configured in an optimal way, because I often have to clean up the new CID entries in the HS phone book AND in the NCID text file. I would like to have just one thing to maintain. I want screening and don't need voice dialing, so should I change something and abandon the HS phone book? the HS phone book also annoys me as it doesn't seem to sort right. I don't want to be a thread hijacker, so feel free to reply in a new thread.

Comment

WayneW,

I just turned off the HSP Phonebook options and only use the text file. It also only adds new callers and mine is only up to 317 entries... but the web page works just fine. I did not add any sorting as it would have been very tedious and I didn't really need it.

You could easily remove the VR stuff, and I use the call screening stuff with another device that I set with the web (see picture) and the WAF processing.vbs script.

My wife and I love the VR dialing, as I have two scripts one will find and read back the number, the other will just dial it. (I posted this somplace in this forum)

I use the Call Screening device and set using the web and events (timed, and occupancy triggered) to route calls. All my ringers are turned off and the only way I know a phone call is pending is overhead paging. It works VERY well and is right now my highest WAF project to date.
        Attached Files

Comment

sbessel,
          Is that .asp page only good with HSphone? I use NETCid with WAF.. I love that page setup.

Comment

That page actually does not work with HSPhone, but only with the netCallerID and the WAFNetCaller package...

I would be more than happy to help set it up for you...

Comment

That would be fantastic!. Smee helped me awhile back because he had a configuration that sent all CID info to a .txt file. Then he provided me with an .asp he designed that works great. But yours has so many options and details. Bring it on! hehe

Comment

I am w/PP. I would love to use/have it.

- Mike

Comment

For those that want it send me an email offline... I will get it working for a few, then try and release for the rest. This will help clean it up and make it easier for others.

Comment

Hi Sbessel I will work on it tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X