Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Install Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Problems

I can't seem to get WAF-CID working properly. I believe I've installed and registered it (actually done both a few times), but when I start HS I get the following lines in my HS log:

2/12/2005 9:15:27 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\WAF-NetCallerID.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
    2/12/2005 9:15:27 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: WAF-NetCallerID.vbh: File not found: WAF-NetCallerID.vbh
    2/12/2005 9:15:28 PM~!~Info~!~Scripts running: startup.txt
    2/12/2005 9:15:28 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid.vbh Permission denied
    2/12/2005 9:15:28 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid.vbh
    2/12/2005 9:15:29 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid2.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
    2/12/2005 9:15:29 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid2.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid2.vbh

I looked at the settings.ini file in \HS\config and it looks like the WAF script is registered.

FWIW, even though "Scripts cannot Display Dialogs" is NOT checked, I never got any sort of dialog/prompts when installing WAF-CID (per the documentation), so I manually edited the "waf-NetCallerID.ini" file.

If it matters, I running HS ver 1.7.30 on Win2K.

Help please.

Thanks

Joe

Do you have the file it's looking for?
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\WAF-NetCallerID.vbh
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp

Sorry, I meant to include that info in the original post. Yes it's there, with a creation date of 12/20/04 and a size of 27KB. Is it possible that file is corrupt?

Joe

Comment

It could be. I would delete all the files that were installed. Delete the WAF-NetCallerID.ini file and try again.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

No luck.

I shut down HS, deleted all files related to WAF-CID, and ran Updater to download/update WAF-CID.

I still did not get any sort of dialog box/prompts to configure AND when I restarted HS, I got the following in the HS log:

2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid.vbh
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Info~!~Scripts running: startup.txt
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid.vbh Permission denied
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid.vbh
          2/12/2005 10:10:05 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid2.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
          2/12/2005 10:10:05 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid2.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid2.vbh

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Joe

Comment

Is this what's in your "startup" script--i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID.vbh","open_ncid","")

And these files are in your script folder"waf-netcallerid.vbh" "WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs"

And the WAF ini file says this--
            s_cid_prefix=Incoming Transmission from
            i_call_external_script=1
            s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID- Processing.vbs
            s_function_name=process_ncid_data
            s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt

Just checking
            Tim
            FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

No, Im from Iowa. I only work in outer space. Captain Kirk

Comment

Yep

Here's my startup script:

' this is the startup script
              ' it is run once when HomeSeer starts up
              '
              ' this is a good place to default status on some devices
              '
              sub main

'hs.DebugMode = 1 ' log all script activity
              'hs.DebugMode = 2 ' log all event activity
              'hs.DebugMode = 4 ' log condition checks
              'hs.DebugMode = 8 ' log status and value changes
              'hs.DebugMode = 16 ' trace functions to file hstrace.log

' uncomment the following line to auto create devices for all your Napco zones
              'hs.run "napco_init.txt"

i_ret=hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","open_ncid","")

' hs.speak "Welcome to Home Seer",TRUE

end sub

Both of the referenced files are in the "scripts" folder.

And, here's my ini file (which is in HS\config):

;
              ; This INI file controls the operation of the WAF-NetCallerID system.
              ;
              ; Here is a description of the parameters below:
              ; i_com_port is the number of the COM port that the NetCallerID device is connected to.
              ; i_com_port_resource (1 - 8) is the number of the resource assigned to the COM port.
              ; i_hsp_installed (1=True, 0=False) indicates whether HomeSeer Phone is installed.
              ; i_hs_announces_caller (1=True, 0=False) indicates whether HomeSeer will announce caller's
              ; name. Will be 0 if user is planning to have external script process CID.
              ; s_cid_prefix holds the words spoken before the CID name, if HomeSeer (as opposed to
              ; HomeSeer Phone) is used to announce the caller's name.
              ; i_cid_reversed (1=True, 0=False) Indicates that CID information is presented last name first.
              ; i_cid_comma_delimiter (1=True, 0=False) Indicates that there is a comma separating the
              ; first/last names in CID data.
              ; i_call_external_script (1=True, 0=False) Indicates that CID information should be passed
              ; to and external script.
              ; s_script_name is the name of the external script that will be called after CID data is
              ; received. A sample script 'WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs' is provided.
              ; s_function_name is the name of the function within the script that will be called with the
              ; CID data. A sample function 'process_ncid_data' is provided in the sample script.
              ; s_phone_list_file contains the name of the text file of telephone numbers, codes and
              ; custom announcement text.
              ; i_enable_logging (1=True, 0=False) Indicates whether Or Not the script will Write CID Data
              ; To the HomeSeer log.
              ; InstallDone (True, False) indicates that the hs_install was executed successfully or this
              ; file was modified to contain the values appropriate for the installation.
              ;

[Settings]
              i_com_port=2
              i_com_port_resource=2
              i_hsp_installed=0
              i_hs_announces_caller=1
              s_cid_prefix=Call From
              i_cid_reversed=1
              i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
              i_call_external_script=0
              s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs
              s_function_name=process_ncid_data
              s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt
              i_enable_logging=1
              InstallDone=True

To me, it seems that everything is where it should be, but for some reason, HS doesn't "like" the "waf-netcallerid.vbh" file.

Joe

Comment

Hi, Joe,

Sorry to hear about your woes. It sure sounds as if the .VBH file is corrupt (I haven't heard of this issue before). If you'd e-mail me (david at retroscape dot com), I'd be happy to send you a copy directly to see if that helps.

--David

Comment

Working...
                X