This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Problems

I can't seem to get WAF-CID working properly. I believe I've installed and registered it (actually done both a few times), but when I start HS I get the following lines in my HS log:

2/12/2005 9:15:27 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\WAF-NetCallerID.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
    2/12/2005 9:15:27 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: WAF-NetCallerID.vbh: File not found: WAF-NetCallerID.vbh
    2/12/2005 9:15:28 PM~!~Info~!~Scripts running: startup.txt
    2/12/2005 9:15:28 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid.vbh Permission denied
    2/12/2005 9:15:28 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid.vbh
    2/12/2005 9:15:29 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid2.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
    2/12/2005 9:15:29 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid2.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid2.vbh

I looked at the settings.ini file in \HS\config and it looks like the WAF script is registered.

FWIW, even though "Scripts cannot Display Dialogs" is NOT checked, I never got any sort of dialog/prompts when installing WAF-CID (per the documentation), so I manually edited the "waf-NetCallerID.ini" file.

If it matters, I running HS ver 1.7.30 on Win2K.

Help please.

Thanks

Joe

Do you have the file it's looking for?
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\WAF-NetCallerID.vbh
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

Sorry, I meant to include that info in the original post. Yes it's there, with a creation date of 12/20/04 and a size of 27KB. Is it possible that file is corrupt?

Joe

Comment

It could be. I would delete all the files that were installed. Delete the WAF-NetCallerID.ini file and try again.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No luck.

I shut down HS, deleted all files related to WAF-CID, and ran Updater to download/update WAF-CID.

I still did not get any sort of dialog box/prompts to configure AND when I restarted HS, I got the following in the HS log:

2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid.vbh
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Info~!~Scripts running: startup.txt
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid.vbh Permission denied
          2/12/2005 10:10:04 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid.vbh
          2/12/2005 10:10:05 PM~!~Error~!~Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\scripts\waf-netcallerid2.vbh Length of decrypted script is not valid at length of 0
          2/12/2005 10:10:05 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: waf-netcallerid2.vbh: File not found: waf-netcallerid2.vbh

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Joe

Comment

Is this what's in your "startup" script--i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID.vbh","open_ncid","")

And these files are in your script folder"waf-netcallerid.vbh" "WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs"

And the WAF ini file says this--
            s_cid_prefix=Incoming Transmission from
            i_call_external_script=1
            s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID- Processing.vbs
            s_function_name=process_ncid_data
            s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt

Just checking
            Tim
            FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Yep

Here's my startup script:

' this is the startup script
              ' it is run once when HomeSeer starts up
              '
              ' this is a good place to default status on some devices
              '
              sub main

'hs.DebugMode = 1 ' log all script activity
              'hs.DebugMode = 2 ' log all event activity
              'hs.DebugMode = 4 ' log condition checks
              'hs.DebugMode = 8 ' log status and value changes
              'hs.DebugMode = 16 ' trace functions to file hstrace.log

' uncomment the following line to auto create devices for all your Napco zones
              'hs.run "napco_init.txt"

i_ret=hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","open_ncid","")

' hs.speak "Welcome to Home Seer",TRUE

end sub

Both of the referenced files are in the "scripts" folder.

And, here's my ini file (which is in HS\config):

;
              ; This INI file controls the operation of the WAF-NetCallerID system.
              ;
              ; Here is a description of the parameters below:
              ; i_com_port is the number of the COM port that the NetCallerID device is connected to.
              ; i_com_port_resource (1 - 8) is the number of the resource assigned to the COM port.
              ; i_hsp_installed (1=True, 0=False) indicates whether HomeSeer Phone is installed.
              ; i_hs_announces_caller (1=True, 0=False) indicates whether HomeSeer will announce caller's
              ; name. Will be 0 if user is planning to have external script process CID.
              ; s_cid_prefix holds the words spoken before the CID name, if HomeSeer (as opposed to
              ; HomeSeer Phone) is used to announce the caller's name.
              ; i_cid_reversed (1=True, 0=False) Indicates that CID information is presented last name first.
              ; i_cid_comma_delimiter (1=True, 0=False) Indicates that there is a comma separating the
              ; first/last names in CID data.
              ; i_call_external_script (1=True, 0=False) Indicates that CID information should be passed
              ; to and external script.
              ; s_script_name is the name of the external script that will be called after CID data is
              ; received. A sample script 'WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs' is provided.
              ; s_function_name is the name of the function within the script that will be called with the
              ; CID data. A sample function 'process_ncid_data' is provided in the sample script.
              ; s_phone_list_file contains the name of the text file of telephone numbers, codes and
              ; custom announcement text.
              ; i_enable_logging (1=True, 0=False) Indicates whether Or Not the script will Write CID Data
              ; To the HomeSeer log.
              ; InstallDone (True, False) indicates that the hs_install was executed successfully or this
              ; file was modified to contain the values appropriate for the installation.
              ;

[Settings]
              i_com_port=2
              i_com_port_resource=2
              i_hsp_installed=0
              i_hs_announces_caller=1
              s_cid_prefix=Call From
              i_cid_reversed=1
              i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
              i_call_external_script=0
              s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs
              s_function_name=process_ncid_data
              s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt
              i_enable_logging=1
              InstallDone=True

To me, it seems that everything is where it should be, but for some reason, HS doesn't "like" the "waf-netcallerid.vbh" file.

Joe

Comment

Hi, Joe,

Sorry to hear about your woes. It sure sounds as if the .VBH file is corrupt (I haven't heard of this issue before). If you'd e-mail me (david at retroscape dot com), I'd be happy to send you a copy directly to see if that helps.

--David

Comment

Working...
                X