Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

missing numbers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    missing numbers

    i recently changed my VOIP service from vonage to lingo.

    now the caller id script is missing the 1st digit of the phone # ( Lingo caller id dosnt display the 1 in front of the number ) how do i change the script to include the 1st digit
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

    #2
    Zac,

    Can you give me a dump of what the NCID unit is outputting from Lingo? You can connect in Hyperterm at 4800bps. Here's what I expect to see with the script (as you can see, there's no "1" at the beginning):

    DATE04242107...NMBR3015559305...NAMEMETZGER KIM

    What does Lingo give you?

    Thanks,

    --David

    Comment


      #3
      sure , its:

      ###DATE03151043...NMBR4072993582...NAME+++
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

      Comment


        #4
        Zac,

        It strikes me that you may have modified your custom script to nuke the first digit from the incoming number, back when you were receiving the "1" from Vonage. If that is the case, it would account for the missing first digit of the area code. Would you like to send me your custom script to verify? (david at retroscape dot com)

        --David

        Comment


          #5
          Vonage does send a leading 1. I believe the reason they did this was because at one time they required a leading 1 to make any phone calls. Thus, they attached the 1 so that your caller id box would be able to re-dial the number, I assume. Anyway, I made the same modification to my script, that is to drop the leading '1'.
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

          HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

          Comment


            #6
            Just to close out this thread: It was, indeed, an issue with the custom script.

            --David

            Comment

            Working...
            X