Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

No Info from Line 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No Info from Line 2

    I've had this plugin working on line 1 for some time and finally got another NetCallerID box for my second line. Since I've used up all my COM ports, I installed a Belkin serial to USB converter. The line 2 NetCallerID box is connected to COM 6 (as shown in Device Manager) and that is what is in the ini file. Unfortunately, none of the caller ID info makes it from the NetCallerID box into the plugin. I found a post that indicated I needed to have the second line initialized in the startup (and shutdown) script, so I put those in. Still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

  • #2
    If you know how to use HyperTerminal in Windows, you can see if it is puking any data.


    4800,n,8,1 is how I connect to it.


    ~Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      These lines are in my start up:

      i_ret = hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","open_ncid","")
      i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh","open_ncid","")

      These are in my shutdown:

      i_ret = hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","close_ncid","")
      i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh","close_ncid","")

      I don't do anything with the i_ret values.


      ~Bill

      Comment


      • #4
        Another idea is to temporarily uninstall something that uses another com port and try your install there.

        Those USB to com port converters don't always work with everything. Mix and match and try other devices on that USB port and see if something else will work on it.


        ~Bill

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the suggestions; I can't get to it tonight but will try them in the morning.

          Comment


          • #6
            I tried some tests this morning and here are the results:

            -If I use hyperterminal connected to COM 6 (the port I specified in the plugin ini for line 2) and make a call from my cell phone to line 2, I get information scolling into the terminal screen. If I try to connect to COM 1 (the port for phone line 1), hyperterminal tells me that the port is in use by another program and to try later.

            -If I switch the COM port for line 2 to any other on the computer (I have 7), the plugin still doesn't work.

            -When I looked at the HS log, I see an error for NetCallerID2 during startup:
            error opening COM 4, callerid disabled, port already open

            Got to run but I will try more later. Any other suggestions would bve greatly appreciated!

            Comment


            • #7
              See if your ini files are set up right.
              Note I run different script names than you.

              This is my first ini, it uses com 6 for the primary NetCID box (WAF-NetCallerID.ini) :

              [Settings]
              InstallDone=True
              i_com_port=6
              i_com_port_resource=6
              i_hsp_installed=1
              i_call_external_script=1
              i_cid_reversed=0
              i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
              i_enable_logging=1
              s_script_name=CID with search.txt
              s_function_name=process_ncid_data


              This is my second ini, it uses com 4 for the line 2 NetCID box (WAF-NetCallerID2.ini) :

              [Settings]
              InstallDone=True
              i_com_port=4
              i_com_port_resource=4
              i_hsp_installed=1
              i_call_external_script=1
              s_script_name=CID line2 with search.txt
              s_function_name=process_ncid_data
              i_cid_reversed=0
              i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
              i_enable_logging=0
              i_hs_announces_caller=0

              I think


              ~Bill

              Comment


              • #8
                Bill,

                Thanks, the culprit was this:

                i_com_port=6
                i_com_port_resource=1

                Once I changed the resource to 6, it worked!

                Alan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Now that you mention it I think I went through the same thing a long time ago.


                  Glad you're running now, enjoy.

                  Bill


                  ~Bill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi, guys, sorry I was off the board since Thursday. Bill, thanks for giving Alan the help!!

                    The COM port resources are limited through the HS scripting interface. I believe there are only 7 available, and they cannot be shared.

                    Enjoy the week!

                    --David

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X