This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAF NetCallerID - Passes Phone but not Name

I have caller ID working with my HS2 and my HP2 with one small exception... when a call comes in, the phone number is passed to HSP, but the name still shows up as "out of area" for many of the cell phone calls. So, HSP never gets my names right to announce properly. To make it even more strange, when I look at the caller ID log, the names are there!

Any ideas what is happening here?

Per4merKC,

I'm afraid, at this point, I don't know why this is the case. I need to get HS2 running on a spare machine and run some tests. I'm not aware of any change to HS2 that would cause this to occur. Hmmmmm....

Any other HS2 users experiencing this?

--David

Comment

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you on this problem.

Comment

I haven't experienced this, then again, most all my names are read from the file via the phone number. I can remove the entry and see what happens. Well as soon as I get WAF NetCallerID running again.
        HS: 2.5.0.60
        Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
        Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
        Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
        Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
        UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
        Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Guys, I'm sorry I haven't been able to get HS2 installed, yet, I need to get that done soon.

Jstaab, thanks for the offer; that sounds like a great test.

--David

Comment

Just gave this one a try, the name and phone number were passed into the script just fine and announced just like it was suppose to. I'm running HS 2.0, build 1950.

Comment

jstaab:

How are you installing it in 2.0? I have/had it working in 1.7 and I have the license code for 2.0 but it is not in the updater? This is the only piece that I need to get working (almost )

Thanks

Mike

Comment

I installed over my existing HS, but it should work fresh as well. If you installed on top of your existing HS then your ready to go. Just add the appropriate entries in your startup.txt and shutdown.txt files in your script directory. The info regarding those entries are noted in the WAF NetCallerID documentation in the docs directory. If you did a clean installation of HS, then you'll need to copy all the WAF*.* files you find from your old 1.7 install and place them in the appropriate directories in your 2.0 install. The ones that I can think of are the WAF*.* files located in the scripts, data and config and doc directories. Also for the clean install, you'll still need to modify the startup and shutdown text files.

Comment

Thank

jstaab:

Thanks. It was a clean install with no conversion. I will copy the files over tonight.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X