Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

WAF and HS2 how to setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAF and HS2 how to setup?

Hi,
    I have used WAFNETcallerID for quite some time and just upgraded to HS2. How do I move it to work with HS2? Can I move all my phone scripts to work with HS2? I am sorry to ask questions that I am sure have already been asked.....
    Thanks
    Carlo

If you can just hold on a few days, David is getting it into to 2.0 updater and that will make it real easy for you.

Read here sir:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=105419

~Bill

Comment

I sure can, I am very happy with 1.7 and ordered HS 2. SO I am fine for awhile..... Thanks!!!

Comment

WAF Netcallerid licence?

My trial licence with HS2 has expired, now I need to get the real one. Anyone know how?

PS: I had a licence under 1.7

Comment

HS2 is a $39.995 upgrade special. Checkout announcements on HS2 for link

Comment

Hey, guys,

Sorry for the continued delay. I've just been getting HS2 working over the weekend, and it's been a bit of a struggle. I want to make sure I test the installation in HS2 before I put it in the updater.

Has anyone gotten hs.sendemail to work with HS2 not using a MAPI client?

--David

Comment

I'm assuming you got your mail to work via your post in the other thread? HS 2.0 has been working without any real problems on this end. There are a few quirks here and there, but nothing that really crashes anything. One GUI interface, when displayed, will cause HS to stop until the interface is closed, I've also seen some scripts that will throw a message regarding the script taking too long to execute. When this occurs, it causes all the scripts to timeout as well. Just little things that they'll get cleaned up over time.

Originally posted by dkindred
              Hey, guys,

Has anyone gotten hs.sendemail to work with HS2 not using a MAPI client?

--David
              HS: 2.5.0.60
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
              Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
              Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
              UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
              Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

I can't get email working without an Outlook / Outlook Express. Running 1951.

~Bill

Comment

Hey, Jesse.

Yes, sendemail is now working on my system, and it was a due to a screw-up on my part. I thought I needed to use UID/PW authentication to send mail, but apparently that's not the case. When I removed the UID and PW from the setup screen, everything worked as advertised. I was very confused, because the error message I was seeing in the log said something like "command not yet implemented". Geoff at HST set me straight, though.

There are only a couple of things bugging me with HS2 right now. The W800 plug-in wa s working pretty well in build 1951, but now that I'm on build 1955, response time has gone down significantly. X10 triggered by motion detectors takes 3 full seconds to process now, instead of sub-second response, which I enjoyed in build 1951 and 1.7.

The phoneWeb variables that used to be populated with values from CID, no longer are, so I have to get off my lazy buns and take a different course of action there.

And this one I just discovered yesterday: the licensing engine has changed things a bit, at least for the WAF-AB8SS plug-in. If you are running two copies of the script, you will likely need to ask HST for a second unlock code for the second copy you are running. They will issue it for free, but it's a hassle for both parties. I plan on asking Tink for any insight he has into making this better.

--David

Comment

Are you talking about build 1955 of v2, guess I'm not seeing that version anywhere, or don't see a post anywhere referencing it. I'm still on build 1951. Maybe I'll wait to upgrade a bit then, cause I don't see it anywhere anyway!

Comment

Yes, 1955 of HS2. I think Rich may have only made that version available to me, because I was working on some issues getting the HomeVision plug-in to work properly, which required some changes to HS2.

--David

Comment

Ah, I figured as such. I still haven't been able to register your script, only have two days left. I'm hoping I just missed the 'display all' bit as Tink pointed out. I went to the edit menu to view the licenses, and a section for scripts was displayed, but there were no scripts listed. I'll double check tonight when I get home and report back on the other thread.

I do have have a few things that bottle neck on occasion however, overall everything has been fairly responsive. I've just found a few things that will essentially stop everything until that task has been completed. I did find that when the Napco plug in has issues connecting the the panel, all other process sort of hang until the Napco plug in completes. So, it's not perfect, but it's getting there.

Comment

Working...
                        X