Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can HS Phone Accept WAF Caller ID Data As Native?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can HS Phone Accept WAF Caller ID Data As Native?

Can The WAF CallerID plugin send HS All the Caller ID Info so that it thinks it came from the PCI Modem? I want HomeSeer to react the way it would natively but the caller ID info to come from the WAF Script rather than the PCI Modem.

Has anyone gotten this to work in HS 2.0?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

According to the manual:

INTRODUCTION
    Thank you for your interest in the WAF-NetCallerID Interface; I hope it meets or exceeds all of your expectations for functionality. Through the use of this script and a NetCallerID box, you can enjoy the benefits of customized Caller ID announcements and Caller-ID/Call Waiting Caller-ID home automation integration without having to purchase HomeSeer Phone or any of its associated equipment. HomeSeer Phone users can benefit from the script if their telephony device (modem or Way2Call Hi-Phone) has difficulty recognizing CID, but performs well in all other respects. The script will inject CID data into HomeSeer Phone as if it had been generated by the native telephony device.
    For those not familiar with the device, the NetCallerID is a standalone Caller-ID/Call Waiting Caller-ID box with a serial interface. When it detects the CID (Caller-ID) data burst on the telephone line, it transmits the name, number and date out its serial port. The device is relatively inexpensive and can be purchased for $11.95 from the following link: http://www.dfwmetrotechs.com/catalog...products_id=30

~Bill

Comment

Thanks!

How do I get this working with HomeSeer 2.0 Build 1961?

I do not see the WAF Net Caller ID on the updater?
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Mine imported from 1.7.

~Bill

Comment

I did a fresh install of HS 2.0, assuming you did not have the 1.7 Install could you use the WAF Net Caller ID? Where would you get it from?
          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I tried everything to get Waf to send info to HS Phone PCI modem with no luck. If you get it going please post some pointers..... I want WAFNET to handle all anouncements and HSPhone to just post pages and data....

JeanV, I just edited the start up and shutdown script to call on WAFNET in HS2 then edited the .ini file for the correct Com Port. I copied the old files from HS1.7

Comment

The problem is that I no longer have my 1.7 install and started my 2.0 fresh.

Imagine I was new to homeseer and just now bought HS 2.0 never having heard of 1.7 Where would I get the WAF Net CallerID script from?

I also had problems getting HS Phone to do eactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Is David Kindred around somewhere?
              Thanks...
              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

WAF Net is available if you are running HS1.7 and run the updater. I dont see how I can now get info from WAF net to be posted in HSphone, I am sure it can be done but might not be worth it. I tried fully using HSphone and I am much happier with my WAFNET.. I found some old WAFNET pages that pull data from it's log to show last caller and caller search. If I can get those to work HSPhone is out even though I like the address book and CallID call list..

The more I think about this think the easiest solution is to split the phone line 1 into HSPhone and 1 into WAFNET. Then I will set HSphone to not announce....
                Last edited by ; September 3, 2005, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hey, guys, I'm back. Just got the Updater instructions from Rick Tinker, so I should be able to get WAF-NetCallerID into the Updater, as soon as I make a larger icon.

--David

Comment

Originally posted by dkindred
                    Hey, guys, I'm back. Just got the Updater instructions from Rick Tinker, so I should be able to get WAF-NetCallerID into the Updater, as soon as I make a larger icon.

--David
                    How about this larger icon?

~Bill

Comment

Bill, now you know I'm gonna have to come over there and slap ya silly. Oh, too late!

--Davey-san

Comment

Same offer if you make it to Oregon!

Take care sir!

~Bill

Comment

Net CallerID and HS2

Any word on when this will be available in the HS2 Updater. My Net CallerID box just got here and I'm anxious to try it out. =)

Comment

Hi Justin,
                            Here is what I have done to suit my purpose. I split the phone line. 1 For wafnet which handles all my announcements. I wanted HSPhone PCI modem to get data to show on web pages. So by splitting phone it gets the data. I shut the announce off on HSP and I can now see Call Logs and Addressbooks..

Comment

Thanks for the info. I plan to do the same once the WAF Net CallerID script is available in the HS2 updater. My orignal question was reguarding any information about when it would be available. Previous postings last week suggested it would be up soon, but unless I've missed something I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X