Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

installed, popup works/ not showing up in device list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installed, popup works/ not showing up in device list?

I installed but had to exit out during install, didn't have com info. Didn't know it was going to do an install routean on startup. Fig out the com port and edited my config for box 1. Did my startup and shut down edits. When I get a call the popup works "fun" but...

I'm thinking maybe that the install is not compleat. Can I reiniate the install again?

Will I see this as a device and how does the device get it's number ?

This is my 1st script try with HS so keep the replys simple

I wanted to install the reverse lookup and i need to edit the line with my device info,

Looked Searched and read the doc
    Last edited by W4ZOO; September 22nd, 2005, 05:07 PM. Reason: Low IQ

W4ZOO,

Thanks for taking WAF-NetCallerID for a test drive. I hope it add a little fun and usefulness to your system.

Yes, you can reinitiate the install once again. If you check in the c:\program files\homeseer\docs directory, you'll see the manual for the script. I don't have it in front of me, but it does tell you how to re-run the install routine. Your present settings appear as the title of the dialogs as you are run through the setup process.

The script does not create any devices, so there is no need to get a number. It will monitor the serial port you specify and will react to the CID string generated by the NetCallerID box. After it sees the string, it will take the actions you specified in the setup, which could be running a custom script, making an announcement of CID data, or just passing the information on to the HomeSeer Phone for processing.

Please let me know if you run into any difficulties.

Best wishes to you,

--David

Comment

Originally posted by dkindred
      W4ZOO,

Thanks for taking WAF-NetCallerID for a test drive. I hope it add a little fun and usefulness to your system.

Yes, you can reinitiate the install once again. If you check in the c:\program files\homeseer\docs directory, you'll see the manual for the script. I don't have it in front of me, but it does tell you how to re-run the install routine. Your present settings appear as the title of the dialogs as you are run through the setup process.

The script does not create any devices, so there is no need to get a number. It will monitor the serial port you specify and will react to the CID string generated by the NetCallerID box. After it sees the string, it will take the actions you specified in the setup, which could be running a custom script, making an announcement of CID data, or just passing the information on to the HomeSeer Phone for processing.

Please let me know if you run into any difficulties.

Best wishes to you,

--David
      Thanks for the info.

What confused me about the device number was...

--------------------
      Here is a dorkly little item I thought I would pass along. By adding the following to your WAF-NetCaller-ID-Processing script, you can create an automatic link that will perform a reverse phone lookup from the Homeseer Status page.

Code:

hs.SetDeviceString "q1", "{a href=http://www.whitepages.com/5050/search/Reverse_Phone?phone=" & s_ncid_number& ">" & s_ncid_number & " - " & s_ncid_name& "{/a>"
      </PRE>

Replace "q1" with whatever virtual device ID you are using for your WAF NetCaller device. Also, replace the brackets "{" with "<". I had to do this to keep the board from parsing the URL (isn't there a way to override this?)

Only tested with HS 1.7. May not work with 2.0.
      <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->----------------------------------------

I'm guessing I need to create a device that will read this info in HS?

What I'm trying to do first is use caller ID info in Main Lobby and have a perminate log file of caller ID info. I also liked that reverse lookup but one trick at a time.

Any sug ?

Comment

Yes, it looks as if you have to create a virtual device (you'll see an option for that when you create a device), and hopefully the rest of the steps will be self-explanatory.

--David

Comment

Working...
        X