Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

How do I register the plugin w/HS2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I register the plugin w/HS2?

Just purchased and I do not see where I put the unlock code. Didn't see it on the forums either.

Thanks...

Riley,

Thanks for helping me take my wife out to dinner and increase my WAF!

I know it's crazy, but it looks as if you have to go to "Setup", then select the "Phone" tab, and finally click on "Edit Licenses" near the top of the page to get to the location to insert your license code. Intuitive, right?

--David

Comment

Bingo!

Thanks - that works.

Any chance for a 3+ line version? I have 3 lines and a fax... Or, is there a gizmo to combine 2 lines into NetCallerID box? Or, a way to combine the serial signals into 1?

Thanks for a great solution!

Comment

Glad you got it working!

If there's enough interest, I'd consider releasing a third copy of the scipt.

Be well!

--David

Comment

David, I had this registered with my HS1.7 setup. Where do I get HS 2 style code? The latest email I got from HS shows codes for HS, HSP, Doo Motion, ACRF. These plus WAF-CID are the only plugins I had registered.

Also on the main HS gui log viewer window on the edit menu click licenses and it launches the web based manage licenses screen.
          Last edited by srodgers; September 27th, 2005, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Looks like it was just an HST oversight not to forward the other code. Drop Karen a line at karen@homeseer.com, and she should be able to set you up, or RJ (I think) will do it.

--David

Comment

OK, I'm trying to figure out how to register this plug-in. I tried looking under "Setup" for a "Phone" tab, but I don't see one.

So, instead of looking in the web browser interface, I went to the actual application and managed to get thrown to "http://localhost/hslf", where I see that the plug-in is there.

It currently says it's a TRIAL (but UN-checkmarked) with 30 days remaining. I can't seem to click on the checkbox or the word TRIAL. If I click on the link that says "Enable it to begin the trial", I'm thrown to the "configure interfaces page" that I was at earlier (http://localhost/conf_interfaces).... but I don't see this particular plug-in listed ???

???

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Comment

OK, so now I went to Homeseer's site and paid for the license. Received the email receipt with the "Key" in it.

Now I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how I'm suppossed to enter this key on Homeseer's "License information page" (http://localhost/hslf). If I choose "Online", it wants a "License ID" and a "password". Well, I cut-and-pasted the "Key" into the "License ID" field. Wasnt' sure what to do for a password. Tried some of my "usuals", but it didn't work.

If I choose "Manual", the box expands to show "Code 1:" and "Code 2:" (each followed by some numbers).... and a "Licence ID" field. My key doesn't seem to work in this field. I don't get a "registration error", like I do if I submit via "Online".... it just seems to throw me to the Licenses page again, but with the Scripts unexpanded.

??

I'm starting to wonder if something's wrong with my installation. Sure wish somebody had set up Homeseer's "Help" pages with info on how to register scripts!

-= Dave =-

Comment

OK, so I received a SECOND email from Homeseer, with all of my licenses in it, including the new one for this plug-in!

I clicked on the "Online" option for this plug-in on that http://localhost/hslf page. The Key and Password fields appeared. I cut-and-pasted them from the email into the form and submitted it.

The script now shows as registered.

So, sorry for all the posts.... but perhaps my fumbling around will help somebody else on these boards in the future.

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Comment

Dave,

Sorry to read of your troubles. I need to update the readme file that is distributed with the plug-in to point out the unusual way HS2 has you register this script.

Sorry for the delay in response, I've been offline on the MB doing a great deal of work for my church's building campaign. I'll be a regular again the second week in April.

Warmest regards,

--David

Comment

I am having problems too... The plugin doesnt even show up on the localhost/hslf page for me. No idea where to put in the registration info.
                      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Goto setup - interfaces - and click on one of the check boxes of an existing plugin. The display wil change. Down on the bottom you should see the WAFNetCallerID plugin. Choose Online, and enter the codes you recieved from HST.

Note: You will recieved 2 emails from HST. The first gives you a reg code. This is will not work. You will recieve a second email with a code and password. That is the one to use.
                        Thanks,

T.

Comment

WAFNetCallerID plugin is not listed. I have others there (INSTEONBASIC, iTunes, etc) but no WAFNetCallerID. I have tried to re-install and it will not show up. It does note that my trial has expired in the log for the startup process as I still have my call in the startup.txt file.

Any other ideas?
                          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Sorry, I registered mine yesterday with this process and it worked. I don't have an answer.
                            Thanks,

T.

Comment

kuntakintay,
                              You should be able to select Edit > setup from the HS GUI Then select the phone tab. Under the heading "License Status" select Edit Licenses. At the bottom you should see Script License Information. Then select the Online button beside Waf-NetcallerID to enter your registration information.
                              -Rupp
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X