This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd line

It has been about 6 months so I thought I would ask again ;-)

I just got the announce feature working with my whole house Russound system - the WAF has now hit an all time high - my wife is telling eveyone about this feature...

But, I have a 3rd NetCaller ID gathering dust waiting for this plugin to scale to 3 lines - any way to convice you to do this? I think it is more than fair to charge for it...

Got to keep asking - now that I have it all working, my wife is even asking! A house with 3 lines and a family of 5 -- I might be asking for a 4th line soon ;-)

Thanks,

Do you think this cable would work to make a third line? A way to hook 2 NetCaller ID's to one serial port?

I don't care if I can't detect which line is ringing - I just want to announce.

http://www.computercablestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=401

Thanks,

Comment

Two transmitters wired to one receiver is usually not a good idea.

If you aren't using the output phone line side of the NetCallerID, you could use a two line combiner to combine 2 phone lines going into the NCID. This means that you would not be able to use the phone output of the NCID which is needed if you want call waiting announcements.

That combiner used to be easier to find. I used to use a DuoFone Two-Line Line Selector Radio Shack #43-383.

Comment

Hmmm. Don't know if this would work or not. What would be better I think is a widget that sets on two phone lines and passes the one that is active on to the NetCallerID. Seems like an obvious widget yet I have not been able to find one. I have wanted one for several years so my DISH receivers would display caller ID info for both lines rather than just line 1. This would also work to couple 2 or more lines to a single NetCallerID.

I am new to the NetCallerID space - have two on order to handle my two lines but would have preferred just one and the above described widget.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by plfinch
          Seems like an obvious widget yet I have not been able to find one. I have wanted one for several years so my DISH receivers would display caller ID info for both lines rather than just line 1.
          Hey, cool! Sandman has the widget on his site! Unfortunately, it costs more than 2 NetCallerID boxes ($25). Need to find a cheaper one.

http://www.sandman.com/callerid.html

Peter

Comment

Guys,

If someone reminds me in a couple of months, I'll see if I can add support for another line. Our church is going through a building campaign, now, and I'm the media team leader. My plate is pretty full at the moment, but I think it'll be calm after 4/2.

--David

Comment

David,

Any news on this? It's important for me to have support for a 3rd. line.

I left other posts in the board but there were no answer from you yet.

Hope you can answer this and help us with this!

Thanks in Advance, Pablo

Comment

Working...
              X