This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAFNetCID and HS 2.1.8

Is anyone running this on 2.1.8. After upgrading it stopped working.
    Thanks,

T.

I am having the same problem. I upgraded to 2.1.11 and now I do not get callerID.

Comment

Hi, guys.

Sorry for the delay. I'm stilll working hard for my church, and won't be back for a few more weeks. I have not upgraded to 2.1.X at all, so I can't tell you offhand what the issue might be. I'll send a note to Tink and ask what may have been modified. Please move back down to a level of HS that works with the plug-in in the meantime. I'll be happy to trouble-shoot as soon as I've finished the church work.

My thanks for your patience!

--David

Comment

Gents,

I conversed with Tink yesterday and learned that HST has changed the serial class library used in HS 2.1.11. The change was "supposed to be transparent". Well, as you know, it wasn't. I'll have to work with them to see about a resolution. Thought you'd like an update.

--David

Comment

Thanks for the update.
          Thanks,

T.

Comment

Can you guys that are having a problem tell me if your getting an error and if so what the error states?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mine doesn't appear to be working, no error, nothing. It appears to open the port as normal and there is a running thread as well for it but yet, nothing is triggered.
              HS: 2.5.0.60
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
              Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
              UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
              Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Can one of you guys that is having a problem, BACKUP you original vbh file, and replace it with this file. Just drop this file into the scripts directory and send me the RawCIDInfo line from the log file. TIA
                Attached Files

Comment

I get no errors, no entries in the log. Nothing happens at all. Its like i'm not running it, but I am. This happend when upgrading to 2.1.
                  Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
                    I get no errors, no entries in the log. Nothing happens at all. Its like i'm not running it, but I am. This happend when upgrading to 2.1.
                    T,
                    Can you add a hs.WriteLog i_ret below the Waf call in the startup.txt file and see if any errors get written to the log file? Like this:
                    i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID.vbh","open_ncid","")
                    hs.writelog "WAF",i_ret

Comment

Rupp,

If WAFNetCallerID works as my code does, you will see no errors. I even turned all the logging levels up in HS. The Com port initialization is successful, as far as HS is concerned, and the HS Com port listener starts and can be seen in the threads. But the callback function is never called and the data is never read from the device.

Peter

Comment

Rupp,
                        I put the hs.writelog as you suggested. Here is what shows up at startup

3/24/2006 6:23:02 PM - WAF-NetCallerID - Script version: 1.1.6 Port opened On COM 4
                        3/24/2006 6:23:02 PM - WAF -

I get no entries on an incomming call.
                        Thanks,

T.

Comment

Peter,
                          It's working for me so I'm totally confused as to why it works for some and not for others.

Comment

Rupp,

So your system is happily talking to the NetCallerID box? Hmmm. Here's some details on my system but I can't imagine the answer is in here. Let's see if we can figure out something that may be different and would have impact...

HomeSeer Version: Standard Edition 2.1.12.0
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition - Work Station
                            OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 2.0

User and Access Level: administrator (Admin)
                            Plug-Ins Enabled: USB-UIRT Interface, BT Connector, UPS Monitor, VWSCSV,
                            ActiveBackup Plugin, SafeRestart, UltraMon, WebCam,
                            Touchpad, Media Player, INSTEONBASIC
                            Processor Type and Speed: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 at 2.23 GHz

All MS updates are current.

Peter

Comment

One other thing... I am using a Comtrol 4-port USB-to-RS232 adapter. Can't imagine it is that since the other 2 ports are working fine and the 2 NetCallerID ports work fine outside HS. But for grins I'll move one of the NetCallerID boxes to a real RS232 port and see what happens.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X