Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Startup Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup Error

NEEDING HELP!!!

I have added my netcallerid today. I ran the program and added the lines in the startup and close. Now I am getting this error.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3></TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Launching application (LaunchAppThread): The system cannot find the file specified</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>4/28/2006 3:03:27 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error (cont)

</TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>File is:Speaker.exe and params is:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Here is the startup:

' this is the startup script
    ' it is run once when HomeSeer starts up
    '
    ' this is a good place to default status on some devices
    '
    sub main()
    hs.WriteLog "Startup","Scripting is OK"

' if speaker client is not running, start it
    if not hs.IsApplicationRunning("Speaker") then
    hs.Launch("Speaker.exe")
    end if

' speak
    'hs.speak "Welcome to Home-Seer",TRUE

' add calls startup scripts and function calls here

i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID.vbh","open_ncid","")

end sub

I am running version 2.1.46
    -----------------------------------------------------

All I did to this was add the last line

Thanks anyone.....
    danielbo

If you think the NetCID line you added is causing a problem then remove it and see if the issue remains.

I think you have an issue with another line.

What line number does the error return?

~Bill

Comment

if not hs.IsApplicationRunning("Speaker") then
      hs.Launch("Speaker.exe") <--- DID YOU ADD THAT ON THE POST OR DO YOU HAVE TOO MUCH DATA ON THAT SCRIPT LINE?
      end if

~Bill

Comment

I added

Hey thanks Bill for trying to help.
        All I added was this line:
        i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID.vbh","open_ncid","")
        it was what the directions said to add to the start up.

---------
        I see what you mean now Bill, now.
        The confussed face is not in the startup script, I dont know how it got on what I posted. I must have hit a wrong button.
        Last edited by danielbo; April 28th, 2006, 03:29 PM. Reason: I understand
        danielbo

Comment

And the context of that line you added looks correct. So if you remove that line and reboot does the issue remain?

Now remember, that error may be in the middle if that IF/THEN statement, you may not see the error if the speaker client is already running or you may not see the error if the client isn't already running.

Post your startup.txt files as a post attachment, I think there may be some hidden characters at the end of that line.

~Bill

Comment

I think you are right..

I am having problems with the speaker client. every time that HS reboots my speaker client errors out. Then even after HS loads it take a little bit before I can start the client again. This has been going on since the upgrade. The error must have been there then, but I just saw it now.
            What next!!!
            Just not look at the error, because all looks like its working good.
            I have havent done anything with net caller yet, but it is hooked up and seems to be working,. I guess

How you I know, I just got it because I heard it helps with the caller ID.
            danielbo

Comment

Working...
            X