This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrocket VoIP?

Does anyone know if the NetcallerID will work with Sunrocket?

John
    John

Yes it works, I have both.

~Bill

Comment

Thanks... Sunrocket says no.. so I guess we shall see... they also said no to Tivo working.....

Hmmm

John
      John

Comment

caller ID signalling tones are a well defined (Telcordia) standard.
        I would think that a VoIP provider's furnished ATA must adhere to the standard else phones and other CID things wouldn't work.

Comment

Sorry to jump in late, but I too have both, and they work fine together.

Don't forget that you can have Sunrocket set your virtual number in a different area code. We made our number a local call to the in-laws. Everyone wins!

--David

Comment

In my readings - most but not all VoIP services will *not* reliably or at all work with FAX and modems. Due to fidelity and jitter.

TiVo and some home security systems with dial-up modems are thus problemmatic.

FAX even at lower speeds, people say, can't tolerate the jitter in VoIP. Hence, use of internet faxing services via email.

Comment

One trick I read on Tivo is to set the dialing number to be very close to the Tivo headquarters. Suppose to help it out.

John
              John

Comment

My NetCaller ID box also works on Vonage. I was really suprised one day to find NetCaller ID box telling me I had Vonage voicemail awaiting me to check. Pretty Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jgary
                  My NetCaller ID box also works on Vonage. I was really suprised one day to find NetCaller ID box telling me I had Vonage voicemail awaiting me to check. Pretty Cool.
                  Yes, now if we could just get that info passed on to HomeSeer. {hint, hint, David}

Comment

Originally posted by WayneW
                    Yes, now if we could just get that info passed on to HomeSeer. {hint, hint, David}
                    THANKS, Wayne! While I was sitting home sick yesterday, I was trying to remember what else was on my task list. Thanks for the reminder!

--David

Comment

Originally posted by dkindred
                      THANKS, Wayne! While I was sitting home sick yesterday, I was trying to remember what else was on my task list. Thanks for the reminder!

--David

bump - I would love for the MWI info to be available. I'm testing VOIP now with ViaTalk and so far so good. If my Tivo fails (so far no go) then it will force me to finally put a network card in it.

Anyway, wife has already asked if Rosie (HS) can announce that there are messages waiting when she gets home....

Comment

Doh! Let me see if I can put some time into it tomorrow.

--David

Comment

Will tomorrow ever come?

Comment

bump, now that David is back online

Comment

Working...
                            X