This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple questions, i hope :)

I've just upgraded to HS 2.1.75.0. I've done this from a complete re-install of everything from the OS and up. So far so good. I've been using the CIDmonitor for a year or so and it was doing well until i upgraded. So, i'm trying out the WAF NetCallerID script.

It's working using the default script#3 except it gets this entry in the log.

5/30/2006 7:38:53 PM - Error - Error in LINESetCIDInfo: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.

I'm not really sure what it means. The script still runs and seems to work, it anounces the caller by either the netcaller id box if new or the text file if existing. Is this something i should be concerned about?

Beyond what it does now is it possible to get it to write a log of those who called? At some point it would be nice on a web page but a simple text file will do for the moment. Unless i'm missing something i don't see anything in the script that allows this. Just like with the CIDmonitor i'd like to be able to see who called while i was out, without having to email all that to myself, just a simple text file.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Is this script still being sold/supported?

I think my needs are small and from reading i think it will do what i want. I just haven't quite figured it out yet. All I'm trying to do when a call comes in is.

Have HS announce the call, preferably from a custom list of callers.
    save a text file log of those who called.

Is this possible with this or do i need to keep looking?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

WAF NetCallerID will do exactly what you need. I also use it to announce custom names, and unknown numbers, while also logging to a text file.

The last section of the sample script shows how to write new numbers to the phone list. This can be modified to write to another txt file. The sample script also shows how to write the information to the HS log.
      Last edited by dhanford; June 2, 2006, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanford
        WAF NetCallerID will do exactly what you need. I also use it to announce custom names, and unknown numbers, while also logging to a text file.

The laste section of the sampole script shows how to write new numbers to the phone list. This can be modified to write to another txt file. The sample script also shows how to write the information to the HS log.
        Thanks for the reply, i'll go back and look at the script again, maybe i can figure it out. just knowing it can do it give me some hope!
        Marty
        ------

Comment

Hi, nightwalker.

Sorry I missed your post of the other day!

I haven't heard of the error you've reported before your post. Are you working with the "stock" sample scripts? If not, would you mind posting what you're using so I can take a look? Also, would you kindly post the portion of your log that shows the incoming CID? I wonder if there's something a little different about how your telco is sending the data.

Certainly custom functions could be added to show a list of callers. I think it's time I add a few functions like that into it. You can certainly have HS announce your callers with the script, and can handle different categories of callers in custom ways.

Again, my apologies for missing your post of the other day,

--David

Comment

David:

No problem, just glad you saw it. I'm using the bone stock script as it comes with the package. It does usually announce the call and additionally add it to the text file if it's a new number and announce that as well. Aside from that all i'm trying to do it have it write a log file of everyone who called. I'm sure it's a simple thing to those who know but being a hardware guy as opposed to software i'm just happy to get this working at all sometimes. Looking at scripts looks pretty much like jibberish to me. I use Vonage VOIP and it well could be sending a strange data stream but the WAF netcallerid seems to handle it fine, except that error. Here's a sample of a entire call process in my log.

6/5/2006 11:24:14 AM ~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~You have 30 days remaining to evaluate WAF-NetCallerID Interface (WAF-NetCallerID).
            6/5/2006 11:24:14 AM ~!~Error~!~Error in LINESetCIDInfo: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.
            6/5/2006 11:24:14 AM ~!~Info~!~Speak ():A new number has been added to the phone list.
            6/5/2006 11:24:14 AM ~!~Info~!~Speak ():Other call from Albert Schmitt
            6/5/2006 11:24:14 AM ~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~Date: 06/05/2006 11:24 Name: Albert Schmitt Number: xxxxxxxxxx

I'd love it if you updated your script to make a log file as well. I'd be a happy man and a buyer of your script.

Thanks for taking a look for me.
            Originally posted by dkindred
            Hi, nightwalker.

Sorry I missed your post of the other day!

I haven't heard of the error you've reported before your post. Are you working with the "stock" sample scripts? If not, would you mind posting what you're using so I can take a look? Also, would you kindly post the portion of your log that shows the incoming CID? I wonder if there's something a little different about how your telco is sending the data.

Certainly custom functions could be added to show a list of callers. I think it's time I add a few functions like that into it. You can certainly have HS announce your callers with the script, and can handle different categories of callers in custom ways.

Again, my apologies for missing your post of the other day,

--David
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Hi, Nightwalker,

I've been taking a look at the code and also at your profile. Would you mind confirming for me that you do *not* have HSP installed on your system? It appears that the WAF-NetCallerID script is attempting to call the HSP function for processing of CID information, and I believe maybe that could be the cause of the error message? If I'm correct, would you please take a look at your WAF-NetCallerID.INI file in your config directory and change the following line from

i_hsp_installed=1

to

i_hsp_installed=0

Thanks for taking the script for a spin!

--David

Comment

Originally posted by dkindred
                Hi, Nightwalker,

I've been taking a look at the code and also at your profile. Would you mind confirming for me that you do *not* have HSP installed on your system? It appears that the WAF-NetCallerID script is attempting to call the HSP function for processing of CID information, and I believe maybe that could be the cause of the error message? If I'm correct, would you please take a look at your WAF-NetCallerID.INI file in your config directory and change the following line from

i_hsp_installed=1

to

i_hsp_installed=0

Thanks for taking the script for a spin!

--David
                David:

Right you are, I did try Homeseer Phone at one point trying to get Caller ID into the system. I've since disabled it but never changed the ini setting. Very nice catch! I've only had one call since i made your suggested change but the error message seems to be gone, thank you!

Now for the log of callers. C'mon, make me a buyer.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X