This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong CID

I have a problem using this plug-in with the wrong CID information. If a call comes in and there is no name only a number it displays in HS with the name of the last caller. Below is the log file showing that there is no name and then showing the name of the last caller. The problem is that HS displays the calls based on the name and you think the message is from the wrong person.

Is this a WAF NetCallerID problem or a HS problem or a combination of the two ?

8/5/2006 9:44:31 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Searching for a match on CID. CID Num is: 18887807233
    8/5/2006 9:44:31 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Found match in address book
    8/5/2006 9:44:31 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Incoming call. From: telemarteter 18887807233
    8/5/2006 9:44:31 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Will answer this caller in 2 rings
    8/5/2006 9:44:31 AM ~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~Date: 08/05/2006 09:44 Name: Number: 18887807233
    8/5/2006 9:44:36 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Ring
    8/5/2006 9:44:36 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~gRingStopTime = 8000
    8/5/2006 9:44:36 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Line ringing (line Default Line), count: 2 ForceAnswer: 2 Normrings: 5
    8/5/2006 9:44:36 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Answering call in 2 rings
    8/5/2006 9:44:37 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Connected line: Default Line
    8/5/2006 9:44:37 AM ~!~Info~!~Read 439 lines from IVR file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\ivr\external_single.txt
    8/5/2006 9:44:37 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~CID Name: "BENCH,RONALD & CID Number: 18887807233
    8/5/2006 9:44:37 AM ~!~Info~!~Caller ID Name: "BENCH,RONALD Number: 18887807233
    8/5/2006 9:44:37 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Searching for a match on CID. CID Num is: 18887807233

Hi, ctdeng0.

It appears as if you are using the WAF-NetCallerID plug-in to just pump information into HSPhone. If this is correct, the plug-in is not assigning a name to associated phone number, but is letting HSP do that. Am I correct in my assumption of how you're using it? If so, then the issue is likely with HSP. What version of HS are you presently using?

Best wishes,

--David

Comment

Yes I am using the caller Id to feed HS as it provides call waiting info that I could not get with the PCI modem.

I am using 2.1.104. I will have to say that this problem has occured with every version I have used starting with 2.0.20xx.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Hi, John.

I've been thinking about this a few days. I really don't think the script is causing the problem, since we can see the data it is getting from the NetCallerID unit, based upon your clip from the log. The script uses the hsp.LINESetCIDInfo command to pass the number and name to HSP for processing, and the same variables that are used for passing that information are the ones references to write the info to the log.

BUT, what comes to mind is an issue I had with HSP, which may be similar to what you are encountering. I'd recommend turning on detailed HSP logging to help track this down. Here's what happened to me:

I had received a call from a solicitor in Maryland, and the CID name was "Cell Phone MD". I added this entry to my address list with an appropriate "Beep, this number has been disconnected" WAV file assigned as the outgoing message. Well, later on, I got calls from another person whose CID name was "Cell Phone MD". A whole different number, but they got the disconnected WAV. I used the HSP detailed logging to learn that the "Caller ID Name Match" field was being used by HSP to find matches. I never knew about this feature. Apparently that field is automatically populated if you have numbers auto-added to your address book. Anyway, I'm wondering if something similar may be happening on your system, and thought that the detailed logging might help track it down.

Would you mind turning on the detailed logging and pasting the associated lines as soon as this issue recurs?

Best wishes to you,

--David

Comment

Think I found the solution

I finally got back to looking at this issue. I had "Ignore Modem Caller-ID" set to "NO". I have now set it to "YES" and I no longer get the name field of the previous caller if the present caller id does not have a name.

Comment

Working...
          X