This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in LINESetCIDInfo

8/21/2006 5:15:39 PM - Error - Error in LINESetCIDInfo: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.
    WAFCID is wigging out! Recently upgraded to HS 2.0 and its never been quite right since....

I get the above error and callers are never added to the call log. Not sure if they are related. I can deal with the error, I just need to figure out why the call log is no longer updated...

The red blinking light on the NetCID never goes out anymoe either. WAFCID DOES announce calls based on the WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List and it does add new numbers to the list, but that's it.

Any ideas? I miss my perfectly working WAFCID!!!! We were together for a LONG time. PLEASE MAKE IT COME BACK!!!

Rob

I am using HS2.1.104 with NetcallerID and its working fine. I would recommend you try that version.

John
    John

Comment

HSPHONE needed, will not start without HS modem...

If it worked in 1.7, and won't in 2.0, and you don't have a HS modem (PCI, or Way2Call, etc), this is the reason why.

Homeseer has chosen not to let Homeseer Phone start without a Homeseer purchased modem being installed. If homeseer Phone doesn't start, it is not available to receive the linesetCID call, and the call fails. Even if you have a Homeseer Phone license, like I do, you're out of luck.

In my opinion, Homeseer could fix this for everyone by allowing Homeseer phone to start without their hardware in place, but they won't.

I've found a workaround, but I feel that if I disclose it, they'll close this "back door" in future builds, and I'll be SOL again.

Comment

snedcor,

How did you learn this? I didn't realize that HST had made such a change. Are you sure?

Rob, were you able to figure anything out? This is a bummer!

--David

Comment

You know I have that error with the latest builds of HS2, but it doesn't really effect anything. I had to disable HSP due to some really weird behavior with my W2C. When a call comes in the CID seemingly gets generated over and over again causing the user to be announced over and over until HS2 is shutdown.

I checked all settings and have given up. I think it has something to do with the error listed above. When I delete the line from HSP the error shows up, when I re-add the line the error goes away, I have the problem above. I don't have the sanity to figure this out anymore.

But at least WAF still works for me despite the error...

Comment

Originally posted by dkindred
            snedcor,

How did you learn this? I didn't realize that HST had made such a change. Are you sure?

Rob, were you able to figure anything out? This is a bummer!

--David
            From Rick Tinker:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to have confused you - LineSetCIDInfo does only work with HomeSeer Phone, and HomeSeer Phone does require an HST supported modem.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snedecor

Comment

Wafnetcid

Still not working..... I have tried both with and without HSP running. I may just have to bite the bullet and get another NetCID box. Probably a good idea anyway.

BTW, HSP will run on several modems. Unless it is the HSP modem, you can't get all the features, but you CAN use the answering machine and CID freatures with a few non HSP modems.

Comment

Not according to Rick Tinker...

Homeseer 2.x will not initialize Homeseer Phone if it doesn't find a Homeseer supported modem. You can write scripts to capture CID information from modems and other CID-enabled devices, and do things with them, but without a homeseer supported modem, you can't stuff them into Homeseer Phone, can't record and playback answering machine messages, etc.

This is from a Homeseer employee:
                From Rick Tinker:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to have confused you - LineSetCIDInfo does only work with HomeSeer Phone, and HomeSeer Phone does require an HST supported modem.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've found a way to get a plain old (read: reasonable cost) voice enabled modem to work with Homeseer 2.x, please let us know how you did it!

Snedecor

Comment

Hey, Rob,

Would you mind running Hyperterm with your NetCallerID to see if it's working OK? Just open up the COM port at 4800,n,8,1 and have someone call you. The data is human readable.

--Davey-san

Comment

Originally posted by snedecor
                    If you've found a way to get a plain old (read: reasonable cost) voice enabled modem to work with Homeseer 2.x, please let us know how you did it!

Snedecor
                    Nope. You're right. I have HS 1.7 running and use a $12 modem on that system to capture CID. I have sidelined HS2 for testing until it gets a little more stable. I got that mixed up when I posted.

Sorry for spreading any false hope....

Rob

Comment

Hey, Rob,

Would you mind running Hyperterm with your NetCallerID to see if it's working OK? Just open up the COM port at 4800,n,8,1 and have someone call you. The data is human readable.

--Davey-san
                      It works. I have WAF NetCallerID running fine on my 1.7 system. On the 2.X Beta/test system I still get the following error

PHP Code:
                      10/18/2006 10:43:02 AM  Error Error in LINESetCIDInfoValue cannot be null.Parameter nameArgument 'Array' is Nothing
                      HS has removed the ability to turn HSP on or off in the latest betas. Its supposed to enable when it sees an HSP PCI modem or Way2Call, but it seems to be enabled regardless.

It doesn't seem to harm anything, but I just hate seeing red in the log...

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob

It doesn't seem to harm anything, but I just hate seeing red in the log...
                        There is a software fix for this:

Max size for event log (memory only): Set to zero
                        Enable logging to event view: Set to no
                        The restart HomeSeer.

Sorry, the dig is aimed more at David than you, you just got caught in the cross fire...

~Bill

Comment

HEY!!!! Whyeyeoutta!

Our HS buddies are the best. Bill, you need to come over to the right coast and hang out with Tinkles and me. We'd have a lot of fun.

Rob, I need to get the latest beta on my machine tomorrow (I'm on 2.1.116) and see if I can replicate the problem.

--Davey-san

Comment

Rob, I need to get the latest beta on my machine tomorrow (I'm on 2.1.116) and see if I can replicate the problem.

--Davey-san
                            Davey-san, Any new news? I am up to 2.1.143 (and holding) on the test system...

Comment

????

Dave?? You still breathing?

Comment

Working...
                              X