Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Phone List File Not Working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phone List File Not Working

    I may be doing something wrong. First of all when I installed the plugin it ran through the installation questions twice, one after the other.

    Secondly, the phone list doesn't seem to be working. I have several phone numbers that I associated with custom text in the phone list but each time those people call HS speaks the actual CallerID information instead of my custom entries in the list.

    Any ideas?

  • #2
    KLS,

    Nice signature, and thanks for helping Marty!

    I'm sorry for the confusion of the setup. I included two versions of the script for those folks who have two lines they wish to monitor. The Updater is installing both and having you run through the configuration of both of them. This is an area I need to work on. I'm sorry for the confusion.

    Would you kindly post the WAF-NetCallerID.INI file you'll find in the c:\program files\homeseer 2\config directory? Perhaps something is amiss there?

    Best wishes to you,

    --David

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dkindred
      KLS,

      Nice signature, and thanks for helping Marty!

      I'm sorry for the confusion of the setup. I included two versions of the script for those folks who have two lines they wish to monitor. The Updater is installing both and having you run through the configuration of both of them. This is an area I need to work on. I'm sorry for the confusion.

      Would you kindly post the WAF-NetCallerID.INI file you'll find in the c:\program files\homeseer 2\config directory? Perhaps something is amiss there?

      Best wishes to you,

      --David
      Hello David, thank you for the response.

      Here is my .ini file for your viewing:

      [Settings]
      InstallDone=True
      i_com_port=6
      i_com_port_resource=6
      i_hsp_installed=0
      i_hs_announces_caller=1
      s_cid_prefix=A Call From
      i_call_external_script=0
      s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs
      s_function_name=process_ncid_data
      s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt
      i_cid_reversed=1
      i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
      i_enable_logging=1


      Thanks again for your help!

      -Kevin

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey, Kevin.

        It looks as if the selections you made during setup may not be what you wanted. Would you please change the following lines:

        i_hs_announces_caller=1
        i_call_external_script=0

        to

        i_hs_announces_caller=0
        i_call_external_script=1

        and see if that resolves your issue? The original selections just cause HS to do a HS.Speak with the CID name and CID number. By enabling the external script, your phone list should be accessed.

        Hope that'll do the trick. If not, please let me know.

        --David

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dkindred
          Hey, Kevin.

          It looks as if the selections you made during setup may not be what you wanted. Would you please change the following lines:

          i_hs_announces_caller=1
          i_call_external_script=0

          to

          i_hs_announces_caller=0
          i_call_external_script=1

          and see if that resolves your issue? The original selections just cause HS to do a HS.Speak with the CID name and CID number. By enabling the external script, your phone list should be accessed.

          Hope that'll do the trick. If not, please let me know.

          --David
          Hello David, thank you for the help.

          I made the changes as follows:

          [Settings]
          InstallDone=True
          i_com_port=6
          i_com_port_resource=6
          i_hsp_installed=0
          i_hs_announces_caller=0
          s_cid_prefix=A Call From
          i_call_external_script=1
          s_script_name=WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs
          s_function_name=process_ncid_data
          s_phone_list_file=WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt
          i_cid_reversed=1
          i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
          i_enable_logging=1
          Now I receive the following with an incoming call:

          9/13/2006 6:32:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Running script: WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs :Expected end of statement
          9/13/2006 6:32:30 PM ~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~Date: 09/13/2006 18:32 Name: Alberta Number: 780xxxxxxx
          On Edit:
          I am attaching m y copy of the 'WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs'
          Attached Files
          Last edited by KLS; September 13th, 2006, 11:11 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KLS
            Hello David, thank you for the help.

            I made the changes as follows:


            Now I receive the following with an incoming call:


            On Edit:
            I am attaching m y copy of the 'WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs'
            Hello - (knock - knock - knock) is this thing on?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey, Kevin.

              Sorry for the delay! Had a church project that yanked me away from the MB for several days.

              I just ran a utility to check for differences between your script and the one that's distributed with the script. The only differences found were the three lines for the variables s_to_email_address, s_from_email_address, s_email_subject. So, my next thought is that maybe the data file might have some extraneous characters in it? Would you mind sending it to me via private e-mail so I can check it for you? My address is david at retroscape dot com.

              --David

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dkindred
                Hey, Kevin.

                Sorry for the delay! Had a church project that yanked me away from the MB for several days.

                --David
                Hello David, thank you for the response. I sent you an e-mail with the requested information. For informational purposes on this thread, I really didn't apply a lot of effort into configuration of the plugin so RTFM is probably applicable here. I'll let ya'll here know how we do with this issue.

                Also David, your efforts and support of your church are, in MY opinion, much more important than my semi-dysfunctional CID announcements.

                Thank you for your time and efforts.

                -Kevin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi KLS,
                  I have this working fine on my PC but started a new PC for a friend and I am having the same problem. Did you ever resolve it? If so how.
                  Mine announces fine but doesnt write to the Log file.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X