Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Com port error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Com port error

I am converting to 2.1 form 1.7 and am getting the error listed below. I did install the software that comes with the net caller id unit and it worked correctly. My usbuirt shows it is taking com 1 but that is what the older h/s 1.7 said also. It is usb after all so that should not be the problem.

10/15/2006 4:27:20 PM - WAF-NetCallerID - Failed to open COM 1. Caller-ID disabled. Error is Error: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port
    John

If your USB-UIRT is using com port one then you will need to change the WafNetCallerId to use a different port.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp,
      I sorta have it figured out. I hosed my WAF AB8SS install so I disabled it until I can get another code to enable both instances of the WAF AB8SS and hopefully then know what com that plugin in is grabbing.
      John

Comment

Hi, John,

Is there any way I can help? Did you get your codes from HST to enable the plug-ins?

--David

Comment

Thanks
          Did get another code. All is well.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X