This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my logging info. No Announcing

I had something happen out of nowhere, HS isnt getting call data. I checked phone line.OK I get data on Wafnet Box. Ok. HS log doesnt show call. On start WAFnetcallerid loads okay and finds port so I assume it is finding the box okay. Any tips?

Make sure:
    i_ret = hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","open_ncid","")
    is still enabled in your startup.txt file.

Do a search for the word Hyperterminal in this message board area. Shutdown HS and get the HT working, see if data getting to computer.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
      Make sure:
      i_ret = hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","open_ncid","")
      is still enabled in your startup.txt file.

Do a search for the word Hyperterminal in this message board area. Shutdown HS and get the HT working, see if data getting to computer.
      Yes it is and the log shows it opened port correctly....

Comment

OK, shut down HS.
        Rename you WAFNETCid....ini file to something else.
        If you have custom files that may be overwritten by a reinstall, move them somewhere safe for now.
        Rem out (remove) that line hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","open_ncid","") in the startup.txt file.
        Restart HS, reinstall the package from the updater.
        Try to get it going again.

~Bill

Comment

Did that already... I am starting to think it is something in the WAFNET Box which is a long shot with such a well crafted device.. lol
          But It shows no signs that it isnt working other than passing the data. Do you know a way to ping or talk to the device to see if they communicate back to the PC?

Comment

Originally posted by pp View Post
            Do you know a way to ping or talk to the device to see if they communicate back to the PC?

Ya, that was the Hyperterminal comment above. Remember to not have HS running or it will tie up that comm port.

Read these posts:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113647&highlight=hyperterminal

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=95706&highlight=hyperterminal

Let us know how it goes, Bill

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X