Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

WAF Net CID not reading WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAF Net CID not reading WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file

Don't know why this no longer works. The plugin does not write to nor read from the WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt file.
    Here are my WAF-NetCallerID.ini file contents:

[Settings]
    InstallDone=True
    i_com_port=6
    i_com_port_resource=6
    i_hsp_installed=0
    i_hs_announces_caller=1
    s_cid_prefix=Attention,,,Call,,,From,,,
    i_call_external_script=1
    i_cid_reversed=1
    i_cid_comma_delimiter=0
    i_enable_logging=1

I have un-installed and reinstalkled, reconfigured many times without any success.Please help!

Is the file being written to marked read only? Are there any errors in the HS log when it attempts to write to the log file?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Is the file being written to marked read only? Are there any errors in the HS log when it attempts to write to the log file?
      Hey Rupp, sorry for the delay with getting back to you.

Anyhow, the folder is not read only. I edited the txt file with entries from a saved WAF txt file and when the phone rang, the actual called ID is announced, not the entry in the txt file. I do not see any errors in the log. Here is an actual log entry from a phone call:

7/29/2007 11:18:32 AM ~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~Date: 07/29/2007 11:18 Name: H Simpson Number: 5551234567

(Of course I edited the name and number)

Any ideas?

Comment

Bump and all that - is this such an odd issue that no one has a fix for it?

It used to work perfectly but died after I nuked my OS and re-installed everything. It can't be that complicated, can it?

Comment

Do I need to fill out a support ticket for this issue?
          I paid for the plug-in and it doesn't work as it should.

Comment

The plot thickens. Now my WAF CID thingy doesn't work at all. I have not made any changes and see this error in the log each time a call comes in:

8/17/2007 7:37:13 PM ~!~Error~!~Error in LINESetCIDInfo: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.

8/17/2007 7:37:13 PM ~!~WAF-NetCallerID~!~Date: 08/17/2007 19:36 Name: Billy Jo Bob Number: 5551239876

Am I hosed?

Comment

Working...
            X