This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions on WAFNETCallerid Plugin

1) Is there a trial period? (i figure there is... but i'd like to try it for a week or two before i plunk the cash down. (i already have the NetCallerid Hardware)

2) I currently use homeseer phone for voicemail, caller id announce etc..
    I Loveit except for the fact that the PCI modem misses about 1 in 7 Caller IDs.
    I want to continue using my hsphone addressbook to designate special call handling, greetings, and announcements based on caller id. (i have many many special greetings set up for friends and not so friendly greetings for known telemarketters.)

It is my understanding that i can set up the plugin to just pipe the CallerID info into homeseer and continue doing evereything the way i am doing it.. (no processing or announcing done by the plugin.. just pipe the info to HS.)

Is that a correct understanding on my part?

I looked at the descriptions Blade's and Barry Gordon's netcallerid plugin.. and while they look wonderful.. i do not believe they can do this.

If the answer to both questions is yes.. i'll probably try to get the plugin installed and working this weekend or next.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

=================================================

Interesting side note:

Originally on Woway cable modem and phone service (through cable..)
    Homeseer PCI modem missed about 1 in 4 Callerids. (Wife Not happy)

For various reasons (unrelated) . We switched to AT&T landline for phone. (POTS)
    Homeseer PCI modem then only Missed about 1 in 50 callerID's. (Wife Happy)

Swtiched back to WoWay for Phone service.. Ran new wires and connections from Calbe Modem to Homeseer PC and back out to the rest of the phones. Replaced two "Old Phones" that were of poor quality with new phones.
    Homeseer PCI modem is now missing about 1 in 7 Callerids. (Wife Loosing Happiness... thus the plan to put the NetCallerID device in)

The callerID enabled phones in the house never miss a callerID.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So.. not all CallerId signals are created equal... ?

i think :

The Woway Cable Modem/phone interface must produce a "Borderline low" singnal for callerID.. it is enough for all the phones in the house.. but right on the border for Homeseer.

The Homeseer PCI modem must have a very high/tight minimum spec for acceptable callerID levels/signal.. and any deviation must cause it to miss.
    Regards,

Andrew B.

I have had Waf NetCallerID for some time now and it is flawless. The only concern is that David the plugin author is MIA from the Homeseer forums. The script that Wafnet uses allows specail announcements such as when the motherinlaw calls I have it ask for my wife to answer the call. Or if I am calling home it announces "johnnyb the great is calling" You can also mute the telemarketers or mute after a certian time of the day.

Not sure abouit the trial period.

A question for you though. I also have my pci modem do special announcements to certian people that call. On occasion homeseer log show the corect message being played but the caller is getting something different, I think its the message that played for the previous caller. Embarassing if the previous caller was a telemarketer who should be getting a not so nice message and the caller after him gets that message also. Have you ever experianced this?
    John

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
      I want to continue using my hsphone addressbook to designate special call handling, greetings, and announcements based on caller id. (i have many many special greetings set up for friends and not so friendly greetings for known telemarketters.)
      When you install the script it asks whether you want to use the wafnetcallerid scripts for call handling. If you select "No" as i did the system uses the HS Phone handling system from the addressbook etc so nothing will change there. You will just get all of the caller ID's

Neil
      Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Thanks Folks,

Neil,

That sounds like Exactly what i was hoping for.

johnnybwis,

I've never experienced that issue that i know of... it could be interesting (to say the least) in my case... the in-laws are a bit "oversensitive" in my opinion.... I could imagine their reaction if they got one of the curt outgoing messages....

I think i'll try it this weekend.

Thanks again

Andrew
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
          I have had Waf NetCallerID for some time now and it is flawless. The only concern is that David the plugin author is MIA from the Homeseer forums. The script that Wafnet uses allows specail announcements such as when the motherinlaw calls I have it ask for my wife to answer the call. Or if I am calling home it announces "johnnyb the great is calling" You can also mute the telemarketers or mute after a certian time of the day.

Not sure abouit the trial period.

A question for you though. I also have my pci modem do special announcements to certian people that call. On occasion homeseer log show the corect message being played but the caller is getting something different, I think its the message that played for the previous caller. Embarassing if the previous caller was a telemarketer who should be getting a not so nice message and the caller after him gets that message also. Have you ever experianced this?
          Hey Johnny, can you please share the contents of your WAF-NetCallerID.ini file and verify the name of your custom caller list file is:
          WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt?

Is this custom caller list located in the \HomeSeer\DATA\WAF-NetCallerID
          folder?

Here is the contents of my WAF-NetCallerID.ini file:

[Settings]
          InstallDone=True
          i_com_port=6
          i_com_port_resource=6
          i_hsp_installed=0
          i_hs_announces_caller=1
          s_cid_prefix=Attention, Call From
          i_call_external_script=0
          i_cid_reversed=1
          i_cid_comma_delimiter=0