Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd line WAF NetCallerID

Hello folks,

Decided to connect a second device to a second line and wondering about use of said configuration. It is working (2nd & 3rd lines are VOIP).

1 - can I add a third line?
    2 - are most folks using a second instance of the script for their line 2?
    3 - can I use com port 16 or do I need to swap it with another port 8 or lower? (IE have used all ports 2-15 at this time).
    4 - while playing noticed that I didn't have the following two lines in my shutdown script and wondering if the lines were removed when moving from HS 1.7X to 2.X a couple of years ago:

i_ret = hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","close_ncid","")
    i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh","close_ncid","")
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Hello folks,

Decided to connect a second device to a second line and wondering about use of said configuration. It is working (2nd & 3rd lines are VOIP).

1 - can I add a third line?
    2 - are most folks using a second instance of the script for their line 2?
    3 - can I use com port 16 or do I need to swap it with another port 8 or lower? (IE have used all ports 2-15 at this time).
    4 - while playing noticed that I didn't have the following two lines in my shutdown script and wondering if the lines were removed when moving from HS 1.7X to 2.X a couple of years ago:

i_ret = hs.RunEx("waf-netcallerid.vbh","close_ncid","")
    i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh","close_ncid","")
    Only two lines - don't get greedy
    I personally just have them feed the info to HSP
    I have never used above COM8 - I'll repost in a few minutes and check it.
    Those lines should be in the shutdown script of any version of HomeSeer.

Have fun!

~Bill

Comment

No com port above eight:
      10/13/2007 3:27:17 PM - WAF-NetCallerID - Error 3: COM port will not be opened as the COM port resource specified was out of range (1 - 8): 12

~Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill

- BTW - FYI - Been using the DLink 1402 now for a couple of years and its been working well inside my network behind my firewall. Originally it was a Lingo VOIP box - modified and updated with newest firmware (a couple of years back). Due to WAF never moved entirely over to VOIP and kept copper. I have two "free" telephone numbers for incoming calls and pay for only outgoing with Stanaphone. On this box I have both the LAN & WAN link connected internally to the network behind the firewall and it works well with two phone lines on Comcast BB. Noticed that my CID on these two lines comes up only with a 10 digit telephone number and that doesn't seem to play well with my script. (but its still working).

Is everyone using a second instance of the script when using two lines?
        Can you use two phone lines with HSP? (I have never used it before).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.9.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Can you use two phone lines with HSP? (I have never used it before).
          HS Pro is the only one that does 2 hardwired phone lines currently.

You can use Stipus' Skype Connector or SIP Connector if you want VOIP stuff.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
          X