This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Plugin?

Is this plugin abandoned? Does it work with HS 2.3?

Working here.

It does work. It is more of a script than a plug-in, but it is EASY to configure and modify. I haven't tried all of them, but it seems to be more robust when it comes to handling calls.

I think the author has moved on, but the old script is rock solid. No complaints here.

Rob

Comment

Works perfectly from here as well.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I can say with relative certainty that the package by Steve is more robust than the WAF-NCID

It can be found here

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133636

and I mean this with no disrespect to Dave K. at all. His is a good script package as well, and I'm sure it does work just fine, but having used them both I can say that Steve's is much more feature packed (and free). In addition to supporting the NCID box, it also supports CID from any modem. It integrates with HSPhone, and I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Ian
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
          I can say with relative certainty that the package by Steve is more robust than the WAF-NCID

It can be found here

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133636

and I mean this with no disrespect to Dave K. at all. His is a good script package as well, and I'm sure it does work just fine, but having used them both I can say that Steve's is much more feature packed (and free). In addition to supporting the NCID box, it also supports CID from any modem. It integrates with HSPhone, and I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Ian
          And Steve is still here if you have any questions.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Snevl's CallerId Question

First all I download all files and install all the plugin in the homeseer directory and setup the config file.

I have homeseer phone and Way2call modem (com3)

I have the following Problem listed below:

1) The Calling Information is not updating the Phone Book or Homeser Status Page for devices A1 - A4.

2) How come in the documentaion both homeseer phone book and Snevl's CallerId book get updated ( See like a duplicate of the same data)

3) Do I need a New callerid device or I can used Way2call as my device.

4. What option do I need to turn off in Homeseer phone that is provided in
            Snevl's CallerId Script.

5. To use Way2call as my device, how should my config parms be set to.

6. Any addition information you can give me to get this script to work with
            homeseer phone and Way2call.

Thank You

Greg Mack

Comment

Greg,

SnevlCID is meant to deal with alternative CID devices (NetCallerID, WhozzCalling?4, or a CID-capable modem) to make up for the fact that HSPhone misses CID lots, or if you don't have HSPhone. It won't work with just HSPhone. It doesn't pick up the callerID data from the W2C modem, so it isn't getting any CID data at all in your set-up.

If you are happy with the CID reported by W2C, you don't need SnevlCID at all. If you want to use SnevlCID, you need another modem / CID device of some type, but you then keep using W2C and HSPhone for all the cool stuff they do besides CID.

Steve

P.S. To discuss SnevlCID, you should probably post over in the SnevlCID discussion thread, not here.

Comment

Snevl's CallerID Question

What I like about this script you can block unwanted calls and you have addition features it offers.

What CallerID you suggest and If I use you script to do my a
                announcement, how do i cut off homeseer phone.

Is there anything I have to do special to have both of then working together.

Thank you

Greg Mack

Comment

Greg,

I couldn't remember where this thread was, but finally found it!

My latest release of SnevlCID hopefully will support using only Homeseer PHone for Caller ID, which I think is the first step of meeting your need. So to use your Way2Call, just select Homeseer Phone in the SnevlCID configuration.

You can then (if you want) turn off most of the stuff in Homeseer PHone and use SnevlCID's phonebook and such, if you want.

Sorry it has been this long, but I just release v1.29 of SnevlCID, which is the first to support using Homeseer Phone (Way2Call or PCI Modem) for CID.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X