X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAPSeer and Homeseer 2.0?

Justin,

Just wondering how progress is going on porting WAPSeer over to Homeseer 2.0? Haven't heard from you on the boards in a while. Hope everything is well with you and yours !!!!!

Rick,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - VERY sorry, considering you asked for help 10 days ago and I didn't answer. I've always relied on automatic e-mail notifications to let me know when people post here, and I didn't subscribe for them again when the boards switched over. Fixed, and sorry for the trouble. For future reference, if you can't reach me here, feel free to drop me a line at wapseer@carrotpatch.net.

I've been going through the process of certifying that the current WAPSeer 2.0 code works with HomeSeer 2.0. So far, they're playing very well together. WAPSeer 2.0 works with HS 2 right out of the box, with a few minor caveats I'll get worked out before HS 2 becomes GA (generally available).

As far as WAPSeer 3.0, there is some design groundwork laid on my end, but it has a ways to go. Since it uses the web as its primary interface, HS 2 has a lot of new features that enhance the web experience for its users. I want to make certain that the new WAPSeer taps into them, stylistically compiles with the new HS 2 web interface, uses compiled-mode to its full advantage, etc. So, WS 3 will be less of a "port" of the existing code and more of a ground-up rewrite.

Given that WS 2 will function on HS 2, I feel there's a bit less time pressure and a bit more leeway in getting WS 3 to be really worthy of a "left decimal" version number increment. There's the potential (I think) to do a lot more with the product this time around. What you'll probably see with WS 3 is much the same release process as happened with WS 2: betas with barebones functionality, followed by added functions and debugging, followed finally by a release that's maintained.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, please by all means feel free to ask!

Comment

Working...
    X