X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Buttons

Justin,
    I have some questions/issues about plug-in defined devices, custom buttons, and WapSeer.

In the HAI RC series thermostat plug-in, the buttons defined for plug-in defined devices are visible on my cell phone using WapSeer. On another plug-in I wrote for my alarm panel, I define buttons and devices in the same way, but the buttons are not visible on my cell phone, but are visible when I access WapSeer via my PC. Any insight into this situation?

It appears that if a device is marked as "Hide Device from Views", it is not visible in Wapseer even if you log in from an admin enabled account. Can you confirm that this is the case? If so, I would like to request that you change this behavior to be consistent with HomeSeer, i.e. admin users see the device, guest users do not.

Thanks,
    Alan

the buttons are not visible on my cell phone, but are visible when I access WapSeer via my PC. Any insight into this situation?
    Off the top of my head, the only scenario I can think of that might cause this behavior is if the button label contains special characters or HTML code of any kind. WAPSeer scans the .Buttons property of a device object, enumerating and displaying the extra buttons using the labels there. Make sure your labels don't contain any special characters (%, &, $, etc). While WAPSeer does its best to trap these and convert them to their correct escaped formats, some devices are more sensitive and may be tripped up by a character not in WAPSeer's translation table. If that's not it I'd need a source dump of the working page from IE to figure out what the problem is. If you need to send that, you can attach it here or mail it to me at wapseer@carrotpatch.net.

It appears that if a device is marked as "Hide Device from Views", it is not visible in Wapseer even if you log in from an admin enabled account. Can you confirm that this is the case?
    If a device object is marked "Hide from Views", WAPSeer will not display it. Originally WAPSeer displayed all devices regardless of that flag; this behavior was changed by popular request. WAPSeer currently has no awareness of the HS web security structure. It doesn't discern what ID you're logged in under nor what rights that ID has (I never envisioned that someone - presumably the system admin anyway - would log in as guest from their mobile device when I designed it). This won't change until WAPSeer 3, which will tie into HS 2's much more granular web security architecture, and will likely allow you to include and exclude devices from display specifically for WAPSeer.

Comment

Working...
    X