This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.2.0.0 Release Info

I've got a pretty big new version of WAPSeer ready to go into the updater. However, since it contains so many changes, I'd like a few folks to download/install it and give me some feedback before I put it out in the Updater for everyone.

These changes are improvements targeted at cellphone (true handset, not PDA) users:

You can now navigate through WAPSeer using the number keys on your cellphone's dialpad. Pressing the number next to a device or event in the QuickList will toggle the device on/off or trigger the event, respectively. Pressing the number next to a device in a location view will take you to that device's page. Other functions on these pages (toggling a device from its location, going to a device page from QL, etc) are still available via direction pad navigation.

The limitation is that if you have more than 10 items on a page, only the first ten items will be accessible via the dialpad. For the rest, you'll still need to navigate to them using the directional pad.

There are also certain places where I didn't implement accesskeys because there's just too much going on with the interface to make it practical. The thermostat control pages, color selection, and iTunes plug-in interface do not support accesskeys.

Users who don't care to see the key labels can turn them off globally, by selecting Options/Advanced Options/Disable Key Labels. They are ON by default. Even with the labels off, the keys will still work.

Also, most cell phones should now default to a numeric entry mode when entering information into WAPSeer's input fields (dimlevels, thermostat temperatures, etc). You shouldn't need to switch out of the Alpha entry mode or press each key four times anymore.

Finally, I've done some touch-up on the QuickList. The QuickList code will now detect when a previous operation didn't complete successfully due to a problematic WAPSeer3.INI entry and clean it up automatically. This should put an end to the repeated display of the default HS web page when there's a problem with the INI.

Installation

Shut down HomeSeer. Open the attached ZIP and extract the DLL into your HomeSeer program directory (usually c:\program files\HomeSeer 2), overwriting the existing DLL.

If you want to go back to the true release version, just re-install WAPSeer from the Updater.

Please let me know what you think, report any issues you find, etc.

Thanks for your continued interest in and support of WAPSeer - the most versatile HS mobile interface!
    Last edited by JustinGould; January 15, 2007, 09:14 PM.

I am using the new version and so far so good. One thing I have noticed with WapSeer is when you need to adjust the thermostat temperature I have to set the heat and cool setpoints, even though I want to just set the heat one. I there something I am doing wrong? Except for this I like the plugin.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
      One thing I have noticed with WapSeer is when you need to adjust the thermostat temperature I have to set the heat and cool setpoints, even though I want to just set the heat one.
      The heat and cool setpoint fields should already contain whatever you currently have set. So, you should just need to enter a new heat setpoint, arrow on past the cool setpoint field and hit SET. Is that not how it's working for you?

Comment

Useing a nokia 6233
        The number buttons do not work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinGould View Post
          The heat and cool setpoint fields should already contain whatever you currently have set. So, you should just need to enter a new heat setpoint, arrow on past the cool setpoint field and hit SET. Is that not how it's working for you?
          No. Using a Motorola E815 and the heat setpoint is always there but the cool setpoint is always 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim'll
            Useing a nokia 6233
            The number buttons do not work at all.
            Nokia says you may need to press AND HOLD the number for a second to get it to work. They also say they will not support the "*" key (which I have defined as going back to the Main Menu from everywhere).

No. Using a Motorola E815 and the heat setpoint is always there but the cool setpoint is always 0.
            That doesn't sound like a device problem, but rather an issue with how WAPSeer is interfacing with the thermostat plug-in. Which model of thermostat are you controlling when this happens?
            Last edited by JustinGould; January 3, 2007, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinGould View Post
              That doesn't sound like a device problem, but rather an issue with how WAPSeer is interfacing with the thermostat plug-in. Which model of thermostat are you controlling when this happens?
              I am using the RCS TX15B, x10 thermostat.

Comment

I've released 3.2.0.1 into the Updater, hopefully it will appear tomorrow.

Sony - I'm hoping it solves your problem, but I can't guarantee as I'm not seeing it myself. I found some stray ampersands in the output that might have been throwing your phone off and removed them. Let me know.

Comment

I tried the latest, 3.2.0.1, and I am still getting the heat setting only in the boxes. Not a big deal if you can't find out what's wrong.

Comment

I tried the latest, 3.2.0.1, and I am still getting the heat setting only in the boxes. Not a big deal if you can't find out what's wrong.
                    Bummer. It might not be a big deal, but it still annoys me a bit since I can't reproduce it. Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep it in mind as I develop, and hopefully end up fixing it "accidentally" at some point.

Comment

Caller ID from Wapseer 3

Justin,

I have not used Wapseer for over a year, but I used to get caller id info from HSPI. I cannot seem to get this working with v3. Is there something I need to configure for this to work?

Thanks

Comment

Just a dumb question, but is there any reason why the shortcuts are limited to number keys? Why not any of the letter keys on or keyboard enabled devices?

Comment

the link http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/debug.asp to add a local ip address no longer works. Any other method to get the ip address.

Comment

Working...
                          X