This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not connect

I saw this thread had been closed but did not see how BeachBum solved it. I too have tried everything in the sticky notes. I am on Sprint network with a sanyo 8500 phone. I have had access to my old machine running an X10 client (XPress) that had a built-in web server. I set it to port 70. I even tested the setup one last time before pulling the plug by copying the HS 'personal page' to the HTML folder and was able to get it to display on the phone.

Now, back to the new machine running HS/Wapseer. Am I supposed to be running IIS along with the HS server? (I am currently).

For IIS:
    Local Path: \homeseer\html
    Exec Permissions: Scripts and Executables
    IP address: all unassigned (though I'v tried using the PC's address)
    TCP port: 70

For HS:
    port: 70
    No password needed ...: checked; using IP from carrotpatch debug.asp

I can still get to any page in HS HTML folder from other PS's on the network using the port 70. I either get a time out ERROR 408, or a 'Couldn't Connect' thru the cell. Has this been solved somewhere yet?

Thanks in advanced,
    Hilt

PS I'v run through to pages on the desktop. I LOVE the scipt. can't wait to use it on the phone.

For the Sprint PCS network, your HomeSeer web server must reside on one of the following ports:

80 88 443 8000 8008 8080

WAPSeer does not require or use IIS. It uses the HomeSeer application's own internal web server.

Justin

Comment

Thanks Justin. But guess what? I finally figured it out and it's working OK on port 70. My home net is a T1 and is a sub net to my Office network. My network admin told me that we use network address translation (NAT) and gave me my outside-the-fiewall IP. I used it, and PRESTO.

Wapseer is the bomb! Keep up the good work. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it. Waiting for my Ocelot and a few other items to get the system rolling.

Thanks....Hilt

Comment

Working...
      X