This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating to WeatherPLUG 0.1.722 from 0.1.602

Okay, guys. The update to 0.1.722 is going to be a little too much for some people. Since I've changed the device codes for each device I create, you are going to have to remove the old WEATHERPLUG devices manually (click on first, then hold shift, and click on last to select all), and then go into the WeatherPLUG config, and just click OK, and that'll create the new devices. Some things to look out for: any events setup to use the old devices will need to be reconfigured since we are removing the old devices (the event has been reset). Also note that if you do not select a station, it does not create the devices for it, BUT if you do select a station, and later decide to not use it, it will NOT remove the devices. Another thing is to check your error log if you aren't getting any weather condition updates. This will tell you which of your stations is down and need to be renewed (a new station selected in its place). Yes, backup stations have been implemented to keep your weather conditions up-to-date, but sometimes both the main and the backup go down, and in the error log, it will let you know if this has happened. Guys, I'm sorry if I have caused any trouble in your events, but the requests for WeatherPLUG demanded that I change the device codes. If anyone has any further trouble, concerns, or even ways to help out with switching over to the new WeatherPLUG, I urge you to post it here on the message board. Thanks for the support, everyone, and have a great day!

Best Regards,
        Dale Higgs (Synthesize)

[This message was edited by Dale Higgs on Thu, 11 September 2003 at 03:42 PM.]

It wasn't that bad. Selected the first device in the GUI, went down and shift/selected the last one, right clicked, hit delete devices and they were all gone, then just brought up the plug-in setup and hit the reset devices button.

I only had two events to fix and one device id in mcsTemperature.

I do have one request though. I would like to use a different zip code for the different sets of sites/devices. I know that might not be a trivial change, but please think about it.

Bill

Comment

That's funny that you mentioned that request. I was going to put that I was going to add that feature if someone wanted it, but otherwise, I would leave it out, in the last post. I'll see what I can do.

Best Regards,
          Dale Higgs (Synthesize)

Comment

Update to 0.1.722 was painless and works fine.

Appreciate the seperate ini file and multiple site are very nice.

Dennis
        Not too old to learn

Comment

No problem, thank YOU and the others for the ideas

Best Regards,
              Dale Higgs (Synthesize)

Comment

Dale and I have agreed to work together to better merge the weatherPlug and mcsTemperature plugins. As a start I've taken the weatherplug devices and automatically made them available for database and chart opertions. I've also added computed virtual devices that average multiple sites data. This is just a start and likely will change as Dale and I get more into it. It should be posted soon on the mcsTemperature forum.

Comment

Working...
            X