This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherplug not creating devices

I went ahead and did a completely fresh install of Homeseer. When I download Weatherplug through the updater, everything seems to install fine. I can configure it, it is updating over the network, but during installation, it does not create any devices (at least visible).

I was working with doomotion, and all of the devices show up there as Weatherplug plugin device type. I figured I would manually create a couple. I did, and they show the correct status, but now when I go into doomotion list, I have two of each of the devices I created, one with a type of Virtual, and the other Weatherplug Plugin Device.

Any ideas?

I'm honestly not sure. Try making sure that they do not have a hidden attribute.

Comment

Devices

Originally posted by Synthesize
      I'm honestly not sure. Try making sure that they do not have a hidden attribute.
      Where? The only place to see the devices seems to be the web page now, and as I said above, they are not showing up as devices.

Comment

Devices

Have you had a chance to take a look at this yet? I have created new devices, and they are being populated properly, but apparently they are being doubled, as plugins can see them (at least doomotion can).

Comment

Hi rmile's,

Dale's computer crashed hard about two days ago. He will be back online soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Dale's Dad

Comment

PC Woes

That sucks. Lost my HA main drive last week, so I know the feeling.

Comment

I have no clue why this would happen. I have a feeling it has to do with GetDevice or something to that effect. I do not currently have Visual Studio installed, as my dad said, my hard drive crashed last week and I thought I lost EVERYTHING...including the source to SeerAMP and WeatherPLUG. It turns out that I was able to extract the stuff off of the disk a few days later, so here in a few days I'll be back up and running like normal and I'll be able to debug it with HS2. I will let you know ASAP.

Comment

Hard Drive Crash

I completely understand. I had the exact same experience after a power outage a couple of weeks ago. Thought I would never get the data off of the old drive.

Comment

Errors Creating Devices

I have a similar problem. Fresh install of HS 2.0 build 1951.1 and it won't create the devices. In the HS log at startup, I get a ton of warnings similar to :
                  8/5/2005 8:06:48 PM - Warning - Device WeatherPLUG S3 Rain Rate has properties different from its current device type of Virtual - device type has been changed to Virtual.1

Obviously HS is not happy with something and the devices never get created. I can tell WP is running because I get pop-up messages saying it is using a backup station for for one of the stations.

Another bug I noticed is the the WP configuration box pops up UNDER all the open windows. You need to minimize everything on top before you can see it.

Dale, I hope you can help.

Comment

Configuration boxes

Originally posted by d-smes

Another bug I noticed is the the WP configuration box pops up UNDER all the open windows. You need to minimize everything on top before you can see it.

Dale, I hope you can help.
                    I think that this is not a Weatherplug issue, but an HS one, as it happens with most of the plugins that I am using, although it is possible that plugin authors need to change something to fix it.

Comment

I'll see what I can do

Comment

Back to the original Question

I've found it actually created the devices with a device type Virtual.1. The tough part is they are hidden when you go to the Device/Status screen. To see them you must click "show all". If you want them to stay visible in the future then check each device box and go to bottom of screen and use "hide/Unhide" option in drop down menu. You may have to restart HS to see perment changes in the device/ststus page.
                        Last edited by dlgardne; August 16, 2005, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Work in progress?

Dale,

see my previous post about the workaround for hidden weatherplug divices, any plans to fix the situation or this "warning message"? I had to reinstall recently and was reminded of the issues.

"Warning - Device WeatherPLUG S1 Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual - device type has been changed to Virtual.1

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dlgardne
                            Dale,

see my previous post about the workaround for hidden weatherplug divices, any plans to fix the situation or this "warning message"? I had to reinstall recently and was reminded of the issues.

"Warning - Device WeatherPLUG S1 Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual - device type has been changed to Virtual.1

Thanks
                            I'm not exactly sure how you produce this error. I have tried WeatherPLUG with HS 2.0 and it works great. How do I reproduce the error?

Comment

Warning Msg

Dale,

I only see it when I install weathert plug and restart HS2. What is does is create a new device type " Virtual.1" per warning message. After that, HS2 is happy with that device type and doesn't complain again. If you uninstall Weatherplug, remove devices, and reinstall weatherplug and let it creat the devices for a weather station you should see it. Obviously, its not a big deal but catches one by suprise if you are not expecting it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X