This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparisons on weather plug-in and weatherxml

Can sombody tell me the diferences if any between the weather plug and weatherxml? It seems that both could speak a forcast (VR) but can weather plug speak a specific day forcast? (ex: next friday tempeture or forcast)

I currently use weather xml, but not pleased with it because it does not tell me a specific day forecast.

Is weather plugin easy to use?

Are there easy to read instuccion in how to use it ,and examples?

Can anyboby download a pic of the screen?

I am realy looking for a better alternetive

thanks Hector
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Hector,

I don't use the forecasts myself but in weatherxml in the setup page I see all these forecast options.

Won't they give you what you are after ?

Neil

<TABLE><TBODY><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>Forecast Device Code</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=devForecast><INPUT id=forecast type=checkbox value=1 name=devForecastSpk><LABEL for=forecast>Speak 3 day forecast</LABEL></TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>Forecast Days Ahead</TD><TD><SELECT class=formdropdown name=devForecastdays><OPTION value=1>1 Day</OPTION><OPTION value=2>2 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=3>3 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=4>4 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=5 selected>5 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=6>6 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=7>7 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=8>8 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=9>9 Days</OPTION><OPTION value=10>10 Days</OPTION></SELECT></TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>Weather Updated Device Code</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=devUpdated><INPUT id=updated type=checkbox value=1 name=devUpdatedSpk><LABEL for=updated>Speak</LABEL> <INPUT id=conditionupdated type=checkbox value=1 name=devUpdatedDisp><LABEL for=conditionupdated>Touchpad Display</LABEL></TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>UV Index Device Code</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=devUV><INPUT id=uvindex type=checkbox value=1 name=devUVSpk><LABEL for=uvindex>Speak</LABEL> <INPUT id=conditionuv type=checkbox value=1 name=devUVDisp><LABEL for=conditionuv>Touchpad Display</LABEL></TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>UV Condition Device Code</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=devUVCond><INPUT id=uvcondition type=checkbox value=1 name=devUVCondSpk><LABEL for=uvcondition>Speak</LABEL></TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>Alert Map</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=devMap1></TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>Radar Map</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=devMap2></TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>Today's Forecast</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=forecastToday></TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>Tonight's Forecast</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=forecastTonight></TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>Tomorrow's Forecast</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=forecastTomorrow></TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>Tomorrow Night's Forecast</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=forecastTomorrowNight></TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>Forecast 2 days from now</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=forecast2Day></TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>Forecast 3 days from now</TD><TD><INPUT class=formtext maxLength=3 size=2 name=forecast3Day></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Neil
    Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Nisisman

My problem is that when I ask weatherxml to give for example; Tell me tempeture for moday" It only tells me running event "weatherxml_VR in background" and thats all I get. If I ask for "forecast" it will give me a 5 day forecast in responce (I have to say 5 days). I posted a thread in the weatherxml regarding this problem but with no efort. Whats your experience?

thanks
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Note that this posting is about weatherxml and probably should move to that script discussion area.

So far I have had a difficult experience with weatherxml... But that all changed and I changed this posting accordingly (removed my rant). Basically, what happened for me was that after install one of the key script events was disabled by default (that is very annoying and the cause of the problem). It could have said that in the install docs, but it did not, I found it in a posting. So once I enabled that event the updates went through and my local weather showed up. The VR worked fine for me, but there is only "today" "tomorrow" or you can give a day. There is no 5 day forcast, but I'm looking at the script and would like to add one.

As for your problem, I think you are not giving a valid VR command for this event. It goes so far as to say it is running the script, but when it "hears" the "5 day" forcast it doesn't understand because the script doesn't do a 5 day forcast. I'll let you know if I'm successful in getting the forcast to work, but lets move this to the weatherxml thread.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Nisisman

My problem is that when I ask weatherxml to give for example; Tell me tempeture for moday" It only tells me running event "weatherxml_VR in background" and thats all I get. If I ask for "forecast" it will give me a 5 day forecast in responce (I have to say 5 days). I posted a thread in the weatherxml regarding this problem but with no efort. Whats your experience?

thanks
        Last edited by ; December 13, 2007, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danielperez View Post
          The VR worked fine for me, but there is only "today" "tomorrow" or you can give a day. There is no 5 day forecast, but I'm looking at the script and would like to add one.

As for your problem, I think you are not giving a valid VR command for this event. It goes so far as to say it is running the script, but when it "hears" the "5 day" forecast it doesn't understand because the script doesn't do a 5 day forecast. I'll let you know if I'm successful in getting the forecast to work, but lets move this to the weatherxml thread.
          Daniel

My problem is not the 5 day forecast, that I get fine with VR. My issue is getting a specific day forecast, and for what I read about the program this is possible. You say you can get the today or tomorrow forecast, well can you tell me how you do it?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Daniel

My problem is not the 5 day forecast, that I get fine with VR. My issue is getting a specific day forecast, and for what I read about the program this is possible. You say you can get the today or tomorrow forecast, well can you tell me how you do it?

To get those you need to set them up in the weather admin, it's at the top of your screen on the main page. I believe that someone earlier posted a screen shot of it.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

weatherxml

On the "Weather Admin" tab, these first values are the most critical (Note my location code is for NH):
              Location Code USNH0247
              PartnerID myId
              License myLicense
              Zip Code myZip

I also went to the Events tab in HS and displayed "WeatherXML" events. Make sure they are all enabled. Click on the "WeatherXML VR 2" event. It should have a voice command: "(get|tell|check|whats|what is) (me|the)* (temperature|weather|forecast)(on|for)*(today|tomorrow|sunda y|monday|tuesday|wednesday|thursday|friday|saturday|forecast )

If it does not have this command then we have different versions of weatherXML, or the install failed. I found I could say "get weather for monday" and it got the weather just for monday. What I don't understand is how you got a 5-day forcast when my version does not have such a thing.

At any rate, the version I am running is working just fine since I enabled all the weatherXML events.

Daniel

Comment

Daniel

when did you install your weatherxml program, was it recent? Also is it possible that you can send a pic. of your setup page for weatherxml. I will really appreciate it.

Hector
                Last edited by Rotech; December 16, 2007, 06:28 PM. Reason: add info
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I just installed weatherxml a few days ago from the updater. It should be the current version. I would send a pic of my setup, but I don't know how to do that.

Daniel

when did you install your weatherxml program, was it recent? Also is it possible that you can send a pic. of your setup page for weatherxml. I will really appreciate it.

Hector

Comment

Did you get my PM?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by danielperez View Post
                      On the "Weather Admin" tab, these first values are the most critical (Note my location code is for NH):
                      Location Code USNH0247
                      PartnerID myId
                      License myLicense
                      Zip Code myZip
                      You mention Partner ID and License. Where do you get this information. I do not recall seeing anything like this, and since it was free, I didn't go looking for it either. Is this actually a paid service, and paid or not, will it work without the Partner and License info?

Comment

I think there is a doc file listed in the plug in that tells how to get this info.

Look in the Homeseer folder under programs for a directory named "docs"

It's in there under "weatherxml"

Good luck.......

Neil
                        Neil
                        Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Working...
                        X