Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sample VB app for sending and receiving xAP messages.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample VB app for sending and receiving xAP messages.

Guys,
    Pat Lipscomb's (sp?) site is never up. Did any of you download the sample send and receive vb sample apps? I want to try and understand how code wise to send and receive xAP messages but the apps I have do not work and I can't figure out why.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Hub

Rupp,
    If you run both those sample apps on one box, you'll need a hub.
    ....JG
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

I believe in Rupp's case he is using the Viewer and when started as the first xap app on a PC then it will act as the hub. I gave him some files that I download from Patrick Lidstone's site when it was up some months back which were a simple Rx and Tx application using Patrick's xapax.ocx. I also tried those apps after he had some problems with not seeing any Tx messages with the viewer. The Tx app that I mailed him also did not work for me. It could of been that I modified Patrick's original download, but it was so long ago and it was when I was also just starting. Since I no longer use the xapax.ocx I do not want to spend time debugging an old test app when someone else may have a virgin version of it or equivalent.

Comment

Jebus,
        I am running a hub.

A hugh thanks to Michael for all his help as well. I'm trying to get a feel for using the OCX but without a working example it's had to understand the example. I can't tell if the Xapax1.xAPSource = "rocket.ocx.mytest.tx", Xapax1.xAPTarget = "rocket.ocx.mytest.rx", or Xapax1.xAPUID = "FF000100" would cause a problem because I'm not well versed on the naming convention. I also do not know if broadcastaddress is important or not. There is also the xAPClass that I'm not sure about. If I had a working simple example I could then experiment with the different properties and see how they "work".

Comment

Gregg,
          I am no programmer, but I have some working apps

I wouldn't say they are perfect, especially when it comes to wildcarding and sub addressing, but they do work, and are recognised as correct by the viewer and the xap plugin. This app uses BSC 1.3

Probably it is simplest to start with an exe for a simple one device app which I made today called xAP Barking Dog, and if you email me I will send you the source for it and also the tutorial I downloaded from Patricks site last time it was up. I never did manage to get hold of the samples Michael has referred to.

Strictly speaking these apps are outside of homeseer, and as has been pointed out the right place for support should be the yahoo xAP groups

It would be good if you managed to xAP enable your backup program

Kevin
          Attached Files

Comment

Transmitter/Rreciever

Rupp,
            I needed the same when I started with xap.
            I modified the transmit/recieve samples that Pat had supplied.
            They helped tremendously. Connect with the transmit app first.
            The source is included....JG
            Attached Files
            3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

WOW! The users on this BB never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a million guys. I just got home from Owensboro, Ky and worked from 9AM this morning till about 3:30 shoveling 18" of snow from my inlaws 100ft driveway. Man my back hurts. That the most snow I've seen in years. I feel for you guys that have to deal with this stuff day in and day out. Again thanks for all of your help and apps.

Comment

I have the example files from Patricks site, and also his latest OCX - When I get back home I will post a link to them here.

I also have the basis of a xAP BSC skeleton application written in VB6. The idea is that this will act as a framework and will take care of all the state table handling and send and receive all the xAP / BSC messages for you automatically. All the user will have to do is add the specific code to talk to actually talk to the device (eg a serial routine). I should have this available within the next few days , and will post a link here when available. It has the source code too and uses Patricks OCX.

Kevin

Comment

XAP from IIS

Hi all,

I am building a custom interface for some tabet/web apps. I am looking for some vbscript or asp examples of xap for use in IIS - can you point me anywhere?

Thanks

J

Comment

Kevin:

Any luck yet with your basic framework ? I'm getting ready to install a remote monitor out in my shop and thought this might be a good time to play with custom xAP code.
                    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

J,
                      The test VB programs that patrick provides with his xapax.ocx component should work just as well with vbscript or asp. The VB files can be read with any text editor if you do not have Visual Studio. The ocx contains all the network interface details that could potentially be difficult in script. It is simply a matter of a COM interface that use the methods provided by the ocx.

Comment

I tried creating a reference to the OCX object in my code and get:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/test.asp, line 7

Invalid ProgID.

Xapax1=Server.CreateObject("xapax.ocx")

Comment

the object is something like "xaplib.xapax". I'm on the road so I cannot give an exact reference. Perhaps someone else who has it installed will be able to. Of course you need to register xapax.ocx with regsvr32 or equivalent so it gets into the registry.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce l
                            Kevin:

Any luck yet with your basic framework ? I'm getting ready to install a remote monitor out in my shop and thought this might be a good time to play with custom xAP code.
                            Half done still (alpha) - but PM me your email address I'll send you what I have so far, just be gentle - I'm only a hobbyist programmer ;-) afaik all the xAP and BSC stuff works fine. I just have to tidy the app up a bit which will be a never ending task no doubt as I add bits...

This is a "Basic Status & Control" skeleton app - the sort of thing that will allow you to create a xAP conduit for your own hardware 'thingy' or add xAP devices quickly and easily to HomeSeer for example. Actually this is a great usage as you don't have to know anything about HS plugins to get a device integrated into HS. If you are not intending using the BSC schema then Patricks' OCX and the VB samples are the route to take. I have those too if his site is still down (he's moving house).

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                            X