Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

speak on remote PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in my example above you would have had to have the script modified to

hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage "tts.speak",body,"mi4.speech.Kevin"
    is the target would have to be in quotes

I have just proven this on my setup, if you substitute your system name for kevin then you should be away

The whole message would look like
    xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF411100
    class=tts.speak
    source=mi4.homeseer.hserver.Master
    target=mi4.speech.Kevin
    }
    tts.speak
    {
    volume=75
    priority=no
    say=This is a test of ZAP Speech
    }

Kevin

Comment

I missed the quotes, working now.

SteveD

Comment

Great

Comment

Look at the xap viewer for Homeseer.Event messages for xapmcsVoice. These are the same as looking in the homeseer log. This may tell you why it is not loading. I suspect you do not have a need for two SAPI applications running. I think xap.speech will do priority for messages and xap.voice is first received - first spoken. xap.Voice does VR. For spoken text the syntax is the same "Say=Something". The schema is very similiar between Voice and TTS.

Comment

I am not seeing anything in the viewer because the application will not start. All i see in the download is the exe, should there be a config also? i would rather use voice so I can try the remote VR.

SteveD

Comment

I recompiled and reposted. This will assure the source and what is posted are consistent. I'm changing things all the time.

I include the following in the file mcsXap.ini in the config folder that is subordinate to the application.

[Interface]
              InterfaceAddress=192.168.0.200
              BroadcastAddress=192.168.0.255

It should only be necessary when there are multiple adapters and the default is not the one you want. The InterfaceAddress is the IP of the adapter of the local PC. The BroadcastAddress with a value of 255 indicates that it will send messages to all IP's starting with 192.168.0. which will be all my PCs on the LAN.

My config is setup looks like the attachment.

I organize my applications in a tree structure to assure no overwrite of ini file contents. I have some applications that use the same ini file name and only the folder will distinguish them. For example

C:\Program Files\XAP\xapmcsVoice\xapmcsVoice.exe
              C:\Program Files\XAP\xapmcs1Wire\xapmcs1Wire.exe
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X