This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speak on remote PC

I am able to send a message to a remote PC based on an X10 status change and display a message. How do I get it to also speak something? I have xAPspeech on the remote PC.

SteveD

Don't know the answer but I think this will be pretty easy to do with Homeseer 2.0 (someone correct me if I am wrong) if you can wait.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I do not believe xapSpeech has VR capability. xapmcsVoice does both. If you want to use remote VR to trigger HS Events then you will also need my xap plugin since I do not think James supports this capability. If you are interested then give me an email.

Comment

You are correct about 2.0 and yes I can waite if I have to. In the meantime I am just trying to learn about xAP, it seems to offer a lot of possibilities.

I wasn't trying for VR, just speech but......!

SteveD

Comment

You need something that sends a tts schema message. I believe you can do this with James' xap plugin. Define an event and the event action is to send an xap message using the tts schema.

Comment

Easy for you to say, i'll work on that. I also have xAPspeech.

SteveD

Comment

RSpeak

There is a programme called "rspeak" which is what I use with HS to get it to speak on remote computers. You can even tell it which computer to speak on from the command line.

You should be able to find it by doing a search on this board.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Steved

Here is an example HS script which will generate a TTS message for you

( dont use the priority=yes at the mo as this is not working correctly, but James (the author) is aware)

Be aware that this test script does not target the message so all xAP speaches on your network will say the same thing

HTH

Kevin
                Attached Files

Comment

Kevin

yes, this is great, if I want to direct to a specific pc where do I do that. i couln't see an obvious place to do that.

SteveD

Comment

Steve,
                    I believe it's the [xaptarget] .
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The spec says

"The following header items are optional:

Target =vendor.device.instance1[.instance2..n][:sub1..n]
                      Provides a means of targeting a specific application or device family interested in this message or event. Devices are not required to support target based addressing, but when they do, they must also include support for wildcarding of the target address (see later). "

In the case of the xAP plugin, this is handled by the scripting interface, as rupp says

hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage xapclass,xapbody,[xaptarget]

To be sure of getting the right target, you could always look at the heartbeat message in xAPviewer from the target device, in my case this looks like

xap-hbeat
                      {
                      v=12
                      hop=1
                      uid=FF234500
                      class=xap-hbeat.alive
                      source=mi4.speech.kevin
                      interval=60
                      port=49154
                      }

so the target would be mi4.speech.kevin

HTH

kevin
                      Last edited by ; January 1, 2005, 02:21 PM. Reason: target definition messed up by html interpretation

Comment

xAP Speech

And for those who want to get xAP speech you can get it here

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...tle=xAP_Speech

Kevin

Comment

Thanks, I see the line now. I modified this:

hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage "tts.speak",body

to this:

hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage "tts.speak",body,mi4.speech.exodus

I got the mi4.speech.exodus from xAPviwer but I get an error of 424:Object required: 'mi4'

SteveD

Comment

I believe the "body" should be replaced by the schema's body which in this case is something like "say=Hello Steve".

If you are just trying to have the CID speak then you can just use the xapmcsVoice that is posted in the mcsFree Plugins forum. It will speak the CID name after lookups in the HSPhone and Friends phonebooks.

Comment

Michael

I had the speech for the CID working and was using this for other announcements. After rebooting however; I can no longer get xapmcsVoice to load.

SteveD

Comment

Working...
                              X