Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

DisplayText key not work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisplayText key not work ?

I'm sending BSC xAP messages to HomeSeer plugin and I wanted to send messages like
    class=xAPBSC.cmd
    output.state.1
    {
    id=*
    state=On
    DisplayText=Open
    }

but homeseer devices name still show ON and not Open

How can I do ?

James will no doubt comment on how he manages the displaytext tag within BSC devices in HomeSeer .

However an alternate way.. - just choose to 're-recognise' the device again but don't select the BSC option - you will then be presented with a list of all the available parameter fields in the BSC schema - choose displaytext (make sure it was present in the message you sent when you triggered the wizard) and you will be able to create a new device that reflects whatever is contained in displaytext. The original device which just shows the ON|OFF state will continue to be useable as well so you will get both shown.

Kevin

Comment

I'm sorry but what I'm trying to do is to change status and / or value of a standard HomeSeer device (X10, lamp module for example) by sending xAP BSC1.3 messages to HS plugin.

I've got no problem to set the device ON or OFF with messages like :
      class=xAPBSC.cmd
      output.state.1
      {
      id=*
      state=On
      }
      In HS the device changes to ON and I can see my light shining.

But when I send the message below, the device changes to ON but the "ON" text still remain in its status.
      class=xAPBSC.cmd
      output.state.1
      {
      id=*
      state=On
      DisplayText=Open
      }

Thank you for your help

Comment

The other Kevin is more the definitive source than me on BSC, but the displaytext field is an optional component of the BSC message

I dont know if James has implemented this, but I suspect not. I am sure he will soon put us straight

Even if he has, I know that there are possibly pitfalls in changing the HS DeviceString. For instance I had done this with a callback script from this board for some time. This was OK until I wanted to use HS's Touchscreen interface which relies on this to work out what to show

See this recent thread (top of page 3)
        http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...=100724&page=3

Kevin

Comment

Unfortunatly the current plugin doesn't currently support the DisplayText= element in a BSC message.
          In the case of a gate which is either open or closed you could use a Text=Open or Text=Closed instead of state=on .
          One other alternative is to use the BSC message to set the state of the device and the send a homeseer.command message to change the display label. Details of the homeseer.command schema can be found here http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...howpage&pid=10

I will look to supporting displaytext in future revisions.

James

Comment

Thanks James.

Comment

Working...
            X