Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

How using SetStatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How using SetStatus

Thanks for your help,

I can't change the status of my devices using homeseer.command class and SetStatus commande. How can I do this ?

Sorry - can you expand a bit on what you're actually doing here. What is the device you are controlling ? Is it updating its status correctly in HS (from xAP) I am assumining its a xAP device but I need to know the device/schema its using. K

Comment

I am so used to using BSC I have never felt the need to use the Homeseer Plugin Schema but I sure this is what you mean

ie (quote fromfrom Mi4.biz)
      Command is used to control homeseer. It has a simple schema but many functions. Eventually all homeseer scriptable commands will work with this schema.

class=homeseer.command

homeseer.command
      {
      command=[command to run]
      data1=[optional data required by the command]
      data2=[optional data required by the command]
      data3=[optional data required by the command]
      data4=[optional data required by the command]
      }

Possible commands:

Speak
      Data1=Phrase to be spoken

SetValue
      Data1=House code and device code to be controlled i.e. A1
      Data2=Value to set the device to

SetStatus
      Data1=House code and device code to be controlled i.e. A1
      Data2=String to set status to

PlayWavFie
      Data1=Path to WAV file to be played

TriggerEvents
      Data1=Name of event to trigger

endquote

So I guess the message will be something like ( I havent got my system in front of me to look at )

homeseer.command
      {
      command=SetStatus
      data1=A1
      data2=On
      }

Again James will correct me if that is not correct

Kevin

Comment

This is exactly how it works, future xAP plugins will expand these commands to cover all the HomeSeer functions. One thing to note is that the first time you send the homeseer.command message it may not work. The first time the plugin sees a new xAP device on the network instead of processing the message it will popup the new hardware wizard. You can click ignore to this wizard and you won't see it again, all future xAP messages from the new device will get processed normally.

James

Comment

Thanks for all those explanations.

Comment

Working...
          X