This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xAP for XLOBBY

You want to allow Xlobby to speak with HomeSeer ?

Try this post :
    http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2736

xLobby to Homeseer - how to..

Can someone post a step by step install for dummies..

I've installed the plugin for both Homeseer and xlobby. Need a setup for dummies guide from here..

When I try to test an event to turn on a light (location - Hallways / name - Upstairs Ceiling), I get a HS plugin screen open, but I can't figure out how to configure it to work with xLobby.

(in xlobby -
    Plugins: xLobby
    Command: ON
    Variables:hallways.ceiling overhead)

How do I setup the HS xAp plugin setup screen to allow 2 way communication between HS and XL?

many thanks..

Comment

I have modify the post and you can find explanation at the end of the first post

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17267#17267

Comment

I'm looking from the outside since I have not had the occasion to use XLobby or Main Lobby. I view each of these as a spiffy graphical interface where graphic icons can be associated with messages or other action performed by the software that presents the image.

In the case of Main Lobby a Homeseer plugin was developed and a single-purpose protocol established to communicate between ML and HS-plugin.

In the case of XLobby, an Xlobby plugin was developed that uses the multi-purpose xAP protocol to make XLobby visible and controllable on the LAN by any of many applications that understand the xAP protocol. One of these applications is the xapConduit plugin to HS. Unlike in the ML<->HS case, HS need not be the only entity that can interact.

Again this is only hypothetical since I have not used these graphic front ends, but with XLobby/xAP it should be possible to action a graphic which will turn on a TV, select a station, and dim a light. The light will come on because the CM11A/CM12U connector recognizes the TV's power address. The same is true for the light and dim level. An IR connector (e.g. UIRT) will recognize the message to change the channel via IR. Homeseer will also hear the same messages and update its status of its devices.

In the XLoby/xAP scenario the communication for this type of message flow is Xlobby --> X10, IR, HS
        In the Mainlobby/HSML scenario the equivalent flow is
        MainLobby --> HS
        HS--> X10, IR

In the first case HS is a participant and the transaction will occur with or without it. In the second case HS is an essential element and the action will only occur when HS controls it.

Some questions ....

What xap schemas are used in the Xlobby plugin?
        In the referenced post on the XLobby plugin there is a Homeseer Speak line. Is this a general tts or voice schema or is it something directed explicitly to Homeseer?
        If a homeseer event or script is being controlled, then the names of these need to be included in the message. What is the process a user of XLobby would do to be able to make these name associations?
        Besides the visuallizations that show status of homeseer devices, is there any other xap message input available / expected by the XLobby plugin?

Comment

What xap schemas are used in the Xlobby plugin?
          Actually Xlobby uses BSC schema to manage devices and some of HS schema to launch events, launch scripts and speaks text.

In the referenced post on the XLobby plugin there is a Homeseer Speak line. Is this a general tts or voice schema or is it something directed explicitly to Homeseer?
          The plug asks HS to speak with its own TTS.

If a homeseer event or script is being controlled, then the names of these need to be included in the message. What is the process a user of XLobby would do to be able to make these name associations?
          See the post below http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17267#17267

Besides the visuallizations that show status of homeseer devices, is there any other xap message input available / expected by the XLobby plugin?
          Not yet but in the next release.

The next release will have :
          - ability to manage more xap schemas than BSC and part of HS.
          - ability to have HS on a distant computer (now HS must be on the same computer)
          - ability to fix a destination adress instead of sending messages for everyone
          - ability to launch internal XLobby events on particular incoming messages.

So... see you soon.

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to this... I'm wanting to use XLobby and this would make it a reality for me!

Comment

Michael,
              I understand the the flexibility of Xap from your description, but keep in mind that MainLobby also can control hardware directly via it's MLServer. So the topology looks closer to:

MainLobby Client <> MLServer <> HS,IR, X10
              or
              MainLobby Client <> MLServer<> HS <> IR, X10
              or
              other combinations some that don't include HS.
              or blends of the above depending on the action desired.

that's one of the problems that MainLobby has is it's flexibility and with that the difficulty in providing all encompassing documentation that covers all wanted scenarios in simple speak.

Comment

I am just getting into using xap-xlobby to display Homeseer status' on a big screen. I was just wondering how many fellow HS users are trying this option out ?
                If so, is anyone else having some difficulties in getting all the HS devices to be diplayed in Xlobby?

Comment

Not Yet

I am getting into XLobby and love it. I have not tried to get Homeseer to work with it yet (plugin) but will shortly.
                  First tho, I am using an airpanel and trying to find a way to let me start a movie with the airpanel and watch the movie on a TV.

I can get the movie to play on the host machine, but not when using the airpanel thru remote desktop. I want to start the movie with my airpanel (and control it too) and thru a video modulator set the channel to the TV I wanna watch the movie on, to the channel the modulator is set to.
                  I am just trying to get by the error when running the movie thru remote desktop. So close!

Any help would be appreciated.

jbc

Comment

Working...
                  X