Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Xap TV Listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xap TV Listings

I'm curious if anyone has tried the Xap version of TV listings? I d/l the thing and it seems to work well with HomeSeer, 'cept for the fact that it uses European listings...I have the XMLTV script that Tom supplied but I'm at a loss as to implement it.

Don
    Don

I've looked at it

I looked at it about a month ago and saw the same thing that your talking about. If you don't get an answer I'll be attacking this one this weekend. If anyone knows I'm interested also.

Comment

Got this note from James:

Hope this helps....

Don

Hi,

xAPTV was originally built as an XMLTV app as that was the only way of getting uk listings. Once radiotimes released their free service that became the default, good for the Brits, not so good for you! But, this is jsut the default.
      If you can get an xmltv file and just want xaptv to use it:
      close xaptv
      open the xaptv.txt file
      find the line feed= and make it feed=none
      Place your xml file in the xaptv folder called listings.xml
      xAPTv will load this at startup and re-load it every 4am
      If you want xaptv so do everything:
      close xaptv
      open the xaptv.txt file
      find the line feed= and make it feed=XXX where XXX is the xmltv feed name.
      You will need the xmltv grabber exe and it's associated files. This should be put in the xmltv folder with the xmltv exe at the \xmltv\ level
      xaptv will download the file every 4am and re-loadit
      Don

Comment

Stated working on it

I started working on this and found other easier things to fix. Try to get to it again this weekend. I got the same message from James but found that it was not that straight forward.

Comment

Working...
        X