X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xAP 1Wire problems

xAP 1Wire and the HS xAPconduit.
    I've had a lot of problems with getting the temps into HS. I tried all kinds of things...
    I moved the DS9097U to a different COM port and now I can't get the wizard to kick in. I have deleted all of the devices pertaining to 1wire. How can I get the 1wire temps into HS?

The 1wire IO Window shows this every second or so:
    18 23:35:37 | Port=COM9 Address=5E0008001DE3CC10 Family=DS1920 Temperature=21 |

Thanks,
    Chris

I would suggest that you capture a typical message with the xAP message viewer and posting it. I'm not familiar with the setup of the xAP Conduit, but those that are will likely be better able to help if they see the data that is being put on the LAN.

The fact that you are getting your posted message in the IO window is a sign that mcsxap1Wire is seeing the temperature sensor which is currently reporting 21 degrees. This means that you do not need to mess with anything related to the 1-wire hardware and its serial interface. You need only deal with the xAP message input into the xAP Conduit.

Comment

OK, I reinstalled xAP plugin for HS.

This time it gave me the "New hardware detected popup window." I had the plugin create the devices for me using raw data. I have 1 temp sensor. It created 6 devices. One device had an error message (See screenshot).

The temp is updating in HS very nicely even with the error message though.

But I have 1 problem. The xAP viewer is getting flooded with 1Wire messages. 500+ per second when I have the mcs1wire program running(See attachment). The 1wire data monitor screen shows a new row ever 5-8 seconds.

Here's my mcsXap1Wire.ini file:
      [ONEWIRE]
      ALARMINGSWITCHES=False
      DATABASEKEY=True
      DISPLAYKEY=True
      DS9097SWITCHINTERVAL=5000 (also tried 10000)
      DSPORT=COM9
      DSSAMPLEINTERVAL=5 (also tried 20)
      FASTWEIGHT=
      METRICBARO=False
      METRICRAIN=False
      METRICTEMP=False
      METRICWIND=False
      NORTHDIRECTION=0
      SLOWWEIGHT=
      STATEKEY=True
      [XAP]
      UID=FF000500

Thanks,
      Chris
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ; May 31, 2005, 08:55 PM.

Comment

It's flooding because your sample interval is set to 5 seconds. Run mcs1wire setup and change your sample interval.
        As for the error, I'm not so sure it's mcs1wire. Looks more like some event in HS or the conduit causing it. I think it would help some more if we could see what the actual messages had in them for info and data.

Comment

I tried setting both the sample rate and the switch interval up but it's still producing 3 or 4 messages per second.

Here's what all of the messages look like.

Thanks,
          Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

I suspect you are using an originial version and do not have the xapax.ocx installed and registered. I no longer use this component. The current versions of xapmcs1wire does not need it and is at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=101056

Comment

that did the trick. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
              X