This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer2 plugin work in progress release

This is an initial release of a HomeSeer2 compatible plugin. It is a work in progress but has all the features of the existing plugin. The event panels for IR,Device and event editing remain gui based and can be access through the HomeSeer2 application. All other interfaces are now web based including the new hardware wizard. The new plugin now features direct access to other xAP intranet applications and other intranet applications will show a reciprocal link too. The web interface makes using the plugin much easier and you no longer need to step through all new devices as you can go straight to the one you want.
    Download from the application section on www.mi4.biz

Enjoy

James

This is looking so much nicer and it seems to work much faster too.

The pages to add new hardware make the process much easier than before (with the previous wizard) - and hierarchical too at the top level make it very manageable ;=)

Thanks and well done James

K

PS Users of the older version please remember to remove it from the HomeSeer plugins or you'll get error messages in the log. Also (I think I'm right in saying) this is only compatible with the new V2 version of HomeSeer
    Last edited by CouchPotatoe; August 12, 2005, 07:54 PM.

Comment

xAP is here to stay!

xAP is fantastic! I have been using it and learning from it since Michael McSharry started mentioning it here on the HS board. Thanks Michael. And thanks to ALL the people that have made their hard work available to everyone to use. It is a great addition to any setup. I have eagerly awaited the web based version and tried it immediately last night when I saw it was available. I have had no trouble with the previous version in HS2.
      I'm curious if anyone is seeing what I am getting in the log file after startup:

8/13/2005 03:56:28 Startup Starting scheduler
      8/13/2005 03:56:28 Startup Start up complete.
      8/13/2005 03:56:55 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 03:57:26 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 03:57:58 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 03:58:29 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 03:59:00 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 03:59:32 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 04:00:03 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 04:00:34 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table
      8/13/2005 04:01:06 xAP Conduit Device list has changed - need to reload data table

I have filtered out all but the xAP entries. I have not spent any time trying to determine why but they filled the log all night long last night. The above is a fresh startup of HS2 this morning.
      I'm going to let it run and observe it today.
      Thanks to James and the xAP team for a great addition to the world of automation and control.

Added later in morning:
      A complete device refresh is done every 30 seconds, filling the log file, so I reverted to the older version - xAP Conduit version: 0.8.0.128 - which is working better for my particular installation. Still no clue as to why.
      Last edited by digidoc; August 13, 2005, 07:33 AM.

Comment

hi,

Glad you're finding xAP useful!

For the conduit to keep track of everything it keeps it's own table of devices and states. That table links to HomeSeer using name, location and housecode/devicecode. If any of those change the table is reloaded with the new values. This is the message you are seeing. It's a bug in the sense the message shouldn't be displayed but it is working correctly. Do you have a device that has a constantly changing name or location, it's more that likly one of these. Could you let me know what other plugins are running?

http://www.mi4.biz/files/xaphomeseer2/2_beta_0b.zip
        has that message removed ( Well not removed but only visible if debug mode is turned on!)

Thanks

James

Comment

James,

Thanks for the response, I will have more time to answer later today. In the mean time, the plug-ins I am using are:

X10 CM11A/CM12U version: 1.0.1.0
          X10 CM19A FireCracker USB version: 1.0.0.0
          mcsDeviceGrid version: 1.1.0.1
          Touchpad version: 2.0.0.10
          W800 RF (32Bit) Controller version: 2.1.0.0
          Media Player version: 2.0.0.7
          xAP Conduit version: 0.8.0.128

HomeSeer 2.0.1951.1

(Have not had a chance to try the attachment yet)

Glen

Comment

Smooth Sailing

I changed the ocx file, restarted, and after 10 seconds the computer crashed and rebooted! No fault of xAP, just time to crash I guess.....

Everything is now the way it should be. (I think..) The log problem is gone and the new plug-in is awesome. Thanks for the quick fix regarding the log bloat. I am seeing things that I couldn't see before like all the tabs on the config page, and the news page integration. The seamless integration with the HomeSeer pages is most impressive and a snap to use. After playing some more and learning some more, who knows what I may try to interface with!

Many Thanks for Sharing,

Glen

Comment

I am interested in the xAP protocol but am a little confused, maybe someone can answer this for me. I know you can control xAP enabled hardware with it. Can some one tell what other practical uses there are for its use. My current HW config consists of SH 1132 cu controller, W800 RF rec, X10 devices and Insteon devices.
              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
                I am interested in the xAP protocol but am a little confused, maybe someone can answer this for me. I know you can control xAP enabled hardware with it. Can some one tell what other practical uses there are for its use. My current HW config consists of SH 1132 cu controller, W800 RF rec, X10 devices and Insteon devices.
                Here is a good place to start - http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=100664

There are so many possibilities..........

Comment

Been trying the HS2 version of the plugin with mixed results. I can't get all my 1-wire sensors loaded into to HS2 via mcs1wire and HS2 conduit. I enter in my xAP sensors and when I go to exit HS2 it locks up totally. In doing so, I loose all the variables and sensors I had just added, not in HS2 but in the conduit. I've been working with this for over a week now and not seeming to get very far.
                  Maybe an option in the conduit to save it's own configuration would help me some over this hurdle.

I also tried installing HS2 over the old one and had even less luck with the conduit. Seems like a fresh install of HS2 and a clean config for the conduit is the only way to go. Glad I only have 10 sensors xAP enabled

I'm pretty sure this is not an HS2 issue, at least not in full, it starts and stops just fine without the conduit enabled.

Comment

Hmm sorry to hear that. My usage of the plugin has been really trouble free. Is there anything useful in the log either when the devices are created or when you shutdown ? What is the last line before the hang ? Which hub are you running ?

Failing that are you able to create ANY devices from mcs1wire ? If so whilst running do the newly created devices work correctly ie they change state correctly and HomeSeer sends the appropriate xAP messages (if configured that way) when the devices change state . ? I don't unfortunately use the mcs1wire app , although it looks interesting...

What would be ideal is if you could narrow this down to a couple of mcs device messages that trigger the problem, the ones used to create a device , capture them into a xAP Viewer file and send me that and I will run it here and see if I can create the devices and if it locks my HS2 up too. I assume you just create the devices as BSC ones ?

James will likely ask for a copy of the xAP devices config file settings.txt from the xAP folder to see if that has been created correctly - could you send that to me too along with a log file exerpt from startup to hang (as brief as possible that exhibits the problem and also the most importantly the Viewer capture of the xAP messages. If it's just one or two then a text file is fine...

kevin <at>(at) xapautomation <dot>(dot) org</dot></at>

Comment

Here is what I get as HS2 shuts down:

8/18/2005 1:55:52 PM ~!~Info~!~Running shutdown script ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:52 PM ~!~Info~!~Shutting down plug-ins ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:52 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Shutting down X10 plug-in.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Shutting down all I-O/Generic plug-ins.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Shutting down plug-in: xAP Conduit
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Finished shutting down all I-O/Generic plug-ins.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Saving Devices...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished: 60 devices, applying device changes to database...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished applying device changes to the database.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Saving Events...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished: 12 events, applying changes to the database...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Updating Events
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Updating Event Actions
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Updating Event Conditions
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Finished applying event changes to the database.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Database~!~Saving TV Timers...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Saving device status ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Shutting down web server ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Web Server stopped
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Shutting down email ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Shutting down threads ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Info~!~Shutting down Phone ...
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Saving address book
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Shutdown~!~Saving mailboxes
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Error~!~In status change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM ~!~Error~!~In status change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      8/18/2005 1:55:53 PM
                      Last edited by siliconmelt; August 22, 2005, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Haven't had much time to work on the conduit over the weekend, but starting out fresh sometimes helps. I delete all of my variables from settings and HS2 shutsdown normally everytime.

As soon as I add a variable HS locks up on shutdown.

Comment

I am hoping James will respond too on this one. I have played around with the variables and I did once get a runtime 'automation' error on shutdown , in fact the very first one I created but haven't been able to reproduce that again. I think that may have been the bad variable name I chose. Shutdown works fine for me .

Are you running any scripts based on the variable changing state or shutdown or indeed devices in general ?? Not sure how much of a 'blank' install this is. Is it just one particular variable entry or any that cause this ? .

K

PS Haven't received any of the files mentioned above yet...., particularly the xAP settings file.

Comment

I run a script from each variable (about 6 variables). It only takes one variable(doesn't seem to matter which one) to cause the lock up.I am using xAP messages from mcs1wire and 1-wire sensors in HS to do local weather station info. The scripts are needed to get all my formating and calculations done based on the data changing. I use very simple nameing on all the variables 99% of the time it is 1-2 letter abreveations.

Comment

... and if you disable all your variable change scripts - does it still error ? (including particulalry any shutdown ones). K

Comment

Working...
                              X