X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for xAP for Das3145

Hey Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently using a temprature sensor board from Quasar. The current Homeseer plugin for this doesn't work 100% with HS2 so I am looking at alternatives. I've just started to mess around with xAP and noticed there is a xAP application for the 3145. The trouble is, it runs in a DOS window and ideally I want it to run as a service.

Anyone know of a xAP app for the Quasar 3145 that runs as a service ?

Cheers

Marc

Are you up to modifying VB6 source code to run as a service ? There are actually two apps I think for the Quasar, one runs under cygwin (I believe) which is what you have and there is a VB6 application - for which source code is available. Now getting VB6 apps to run as services is not simply a case of clicking an option but it can be done. Or would having the app run as a windowless tray application suffice ?

Kevin

Comment

Unfortunatley I have no programming experience what so ever

A windowless tray icon would certainly be better than what's running now. Do you know of one ?

Many Thanks

Marc

Comment

Let me see what I can find - I wrote a VB app a while back for the Quasar and I can adapt it easily to tray icon in a similar way to say xAPTel uses for CallerID. If you can bear with your existing app for a couple of weeks though as I am snowed under currently.

K

Comment

That would be fantastic ! Thanks mate )

Comment

I put a xAP connector for this unit at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...d=1#post661495 It runs with a tray icon and uses xapbsc for reporting. If you give me a pointer to making an interactive application a service one then perhaps I could give you that variant.

Comment

Working...
            X