Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Looking for xAP for Das3145

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for xAP for Das3145

Hey Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently using a temprature sensor board from Quasar. The current Homeseer plugin for this doesn't work 100% with HS2 so I am looking at alternatives. I've just started to mess around with xAP and noticed there is a xAP application for the 3145. The trouble is, it runs in a DOS window and ideally I want it to run as a service.

Anyone know of a xAP app for the Quasar 3145 that runs as a service ?

Cheers

Marc

Are you up to modifying VB6 source code to run as a service ? There are actually two apps I think for the Quasar, one runs under cygwin (I believe) which is what you have and there is a VB6 application - for which source code is available. Now getting VB6 apps to run as services is not simply a case of clicking an option but it can be done. Or would having the app run as a windowless tray application suffice ?

Kevin

Comment

Unfortunatley I have no programming experience what so ever

A windowless tray icon would certainly be better than what's running now. Do you know of one ?

Many Thanks

Marc

Comment

Let me see what I can find - I wrote a VB app a while back for the Quasar and I can adapt it easily to tray icon in a similar way to say xAPTel uses for CallerID. If you can bear with your existing app for a couple of weeks though as I am snowed under currently.

K

Comment

That would be fantastic ! Thanks mate )

Comment

I put a xAP connector for this unit at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...d=1#post661495 It runs with a tray icon and uses xapbsc for reporting. If you give me a pointer to making an interactive application a service one then perhaps I could give you that variant.

Comment

Working...
            X