Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Xlobby & Homeseer events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xlobby & Homeseer events

I've just started playing around with xap & xlobby with an airpanel. I'm just trying to get my head round events etc. I've got the xap plugin installed, hub etc, and homeseer is seeing events sent from xlobby. It's updating the virtual devices with the command and data fields.

I've set up a new event in the actions file to run a script (BBCWeatherSpeak.txt) on the homeseer box. I've an event that runs it manually ok. But when I do the test from xlobby, homeseer starts to read it, then it reads it again, and again. Looking at the homeseer log it says 'script running BBCWeatherSpeak.txt' then script running BBCWeatherSpeak.txt, BBCWeatherSpeak.txt' etc etc. It appears to be telling homeseer to run the script over and over again.

Here's a copy of the command schema:
    PHP Code:
    <event>
    <
    name>HomeSeer Command</name>
    <class>
    homeseer.command</class>
    <
    adress>Master</adress>
    <
    Desc>HS Cmd</Desc>
    <
    body>
    homeseer.command
    {
    command=[Speak,TriggerEvent,TriggerScript]
    data1=BBCWeatherSpeak.txt
    data2
    =
    data3=
    data4=
    }
    </
    body>
    </
    event
    Anyone have any ideas?

The [Speak,TriggerEvent,TriggerScript] value for command looks fishy to me because the data parameters cannot apply to all three commands.

If this was done with mcsXap the command would look like
    command=run
    data1=BBCWeatherSpeak.txt

If the intent was to trigger an event then the command would be
    command=triggerevent
    data1=EventName

Comment

Thanks Michael.

I changed the plugin to yours and modded the command. I still needed the square brackets around [run], and it worked a treat.

Could you tell me the format of an hs.execX10 "A2","on",0 command?

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Both plugins should be able to give you the desired results with slightly different syntax. I just used mcsXap since I'm familiar with it. For the hs.execX10 "A2","on",0 it should be

command=ExecX10
        data1=A2
        data2=on
        data3=0

The 0 is an option parameter that defaults to 0 so if you have a problem then eliminate data3=0 or add data4=0 because data4 is also an optional HS parameter.

Comment

Thanks Michael. That worked fine. I'm sure I'd tried that before but it must have been with the other plugin (which I've had no success at all with), so I'll stick with yours.

So, am I right in saying that in the 'command' variable I can put any hs function?

Comment

This is the case for all HS1.7 subroutines and functions except
            hs functions that return objects. Objects will not work since objects cannot be transmitted via text. There are also some properties that do not comply, but they generally are associated with objects so of much use anyway without the object. I did not update to the new HS2 methods, but there are not very many of these and if there is one that you want to use then let me know.

Comment

Thanks again for your help Michael.

I didn't bother to upgrade to 2.0 so there'll be none of the new methods that I'll need to use, but thanks for the offer.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X